Houdan has Full Hard crop, won't digest. Been like this since yesterday!

How long has it been like that? Is she pooping? You need to make sure it is actually a crop problem and not just a normal full crop. The best way to know for certain is to without food for fours plus or over night. (you may have already done this, just double checking)

I would isolate her and try tube feeding or olive oil and massages. Search the forums for "impacted crop" to get some more ideas. If none of that works you could try crop surgery but I would only try that if you are certain you know what is wrong and you think she is in strong enough condition to survive a surgery and you have tried everything else.

Good luck.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/722041/how-to-t-feed-a-sick-chicken-and-give-subcutaneous-fluid

A full grown one weighs 6-7 pounds, so my best guess is that she weighs closer to 2 pounds, but that's just a guess. Given that size/age, a golf ball sized crop is pretty big, so get as much water in her crop as safely possible and the crop should clear.

--Kathy

My hen has quite a big crop i would keep an eye on it and do what these guys suggest :)

I think you're right on her size. i'm bad with gusing weight. Good news so far. Since the massaging and offering a mixture of water, ACV, and Kyro syrup. She's been pooping a lot, and now she is drinking on her own. Good news and progress, but not out of he woods yet.

I think you're right on her size. i'm bad with gusing weight. Good news so far. Since the massaging and offering a mixture of water, ACV, and Kyro syrup. She's been pooping a lot, and now she is drinking on her own. Good news and progress, but not out of he woods yet.
wee.gif
Keep up the good work!

-Kathy

Sad news. She took a turn for the worse and couldn't even hold her head up. I had to make the decision of having my husband put her out of her misery. I feel guilty I couldn't do better for her.
sad.png

Oh well chickens are sometimes untreatable poor you but it was for the best

Thank you for the help and support. I was hoping, but I couldn't take her suffering. I feel back because I failed to treat her, but I'm at peace because I felt I couldn't.

I understand I lost a chick because i failed to treat him well at least she isn't suffering anymore and is at peace :,(

Back
Top Bottom