Houdan thread............

poularde

Hatching mode
9 Years
Feb 7, 2010
Puyallup, Wa.
I am learning about Houdans and I have not found a thread yet.
sad.png
I have two eight week old mottled houdans. I think one is a cockerel and one a pullet. I would love to know more about the breed. Is anyone into them. My birds seem very flighty and they behave differently than my other chickens. Today one was singing almost like a wild bird. Here is a photo.

48594_trio.jpg

Love to see people's photos. I would like to know more about this breed.

I'm an Houdan enthusiast and in WA, too! I think your strange sound was a cockerel crowing. My "pullets" from McMurray started crowing at 6 weeks (they were about 50% cockerels). I have some that like to be held and seek me out and others that are a little reserved.
Good standard ones are hard to come by. I got 7 eggs from one breeder and none were fertile, then 12 eggs from another show flock that were packaged terribly and arrived mostly broken, so I have one little show stock chick that I helped to hatch and seems a bit weak. If you ever want to go in on some good ones together look me up! I love them!

I have a 4 week old that looks almost identical to yours!! They are so gorgeous! Im not sure what gender she/he is yet but, depending on what it is, Would you be interested in carrying on the gorgeous gene? Or if you end up with eggs soon, let me know! I want more of this breed! Im in spanaway, so not far from you. Only about 20 minutes, Let me know!

Back
Top Bottom