Houdans

Pics
Wooo Hoooo finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woot.gif
Tell me about it! I had given up and thought I wouldn't see it until spring but all my girls are laying well, still, even without a light so maybe they had an influence on her. I'll be watching for the next one to see how regular she will be and if she figures out the nest boxes,. i've never seen her in them.

Tell me about it! I had given up and thought I wouldn't see it until spring but all my girls are laying well, still, even without a light so maybe they had an influence on her. I'll be watching for the next one to see how regular she will be and if she figures out the nest boxes,. i've never seen her in them.
They say a watched pot never boils, so that was the trick you had to just give up on the whole thing and viola an egg.
gig.gif

I did get a white egg on the ground the other day, but it was very dirty. Not a duck egg. It could have been Skittles. She is awfully loud lately..

Please wish me luck in her EVER laying!
duc.gif

Congradulations Spike, and hopefully Skittles!

Glad the girls decided to stop holding it in. If yours are anything like mine they will be some really great and regular layers.
Hope they learn the ins and outs of where to lay quickly.
One tip, dont let them on your desk. A-Level refuses to lay anywhere else. She paces by the door belting her egg song every morning now.

Well, nothing so far today but I bet she lays while we are gone Christmas Eve. My chicken sitter will get the next one!

You can see her face is reder now. We gave her a little "hair" trim so she could at least see to the sides. I need to take off a little more so she doesn't run into things.

Her egg is the first one. The last one is actually pale blue (Araucana).

I did get a white egg on the ground the other day, but it was very dirty. Not a duck egg. It could have been Skittles. She is awfully loud lately..

Please wish me luck in her EVER laying!
duc.gif
I bet it was her. Sounds like Spike but I just happened to be there when she did it. I also saw her do a partial squat today as one of the roos passed by her.

Anyone elses Roo being a little testy? Zeus doesn't like it when I walk near him. If I am standing still, he's okay but if I move my feet he starts puffing up for the attack.

woot.gif
A Christmas Miracle (early)......egg #2!!! In the nest!!! Kids said they saw her there and have seen her squat for our Silkie roo. I also witnessed her squat for our Houdan. Looks like my final baby has grown up! We'll have to see if we can talk the hubby into letting me try a hatch in the spring.

I bet it was her. Sounds like Spike but I just happened to be there when she did it. I also saw her do a partial squat today as one of the roos passed by her.

Anyone elses Roo being a little testy? Zeus doesn't like it when I walk near him. If I am standing still, he's okay but if I move my feet he starts puffing up for the attack.
Yes Gigi was very testy. Now he's not.

My neighbour has adopted Gigi during the day. He walks over there and hangs with the neighbours. He got testy once with him, ran at him, and the neighbour kicked him in the butt. Never did it again. He wasn't hurt! No worries.
gig.gif

Now if I walk near him in the coop he goes in to a spaz mode and runs/flies trying to get away from me. Fine. Better than testing me. :p His brothers have shown none of this at all, and they are 22 weeks now. I caught one of his younger sisters in a nesting box, and she's loud today. Imagine if she laid before Skittles?

Back
Top Bottom