Houdans

Hi folks. I am set to get Mottled Houdan hatching eggs this week. So excited!
I have 3 girls and one of them moans and calls all morning until I pick her up and hold her. And at night when I lock the pen, she shrieks like Heaven forbid I forget to hug her good night. I love them , they are pretty cool.

Did you make that quilt/ applique? It's so pretty!

Well, I guess I should not count my eggs before they are shipped, let alone count the chickens before they are hatched.

The breeder hasn't been in touch since May 31, was due to ship this past Monday. I got eggs from othe other breeder, different breed today. I have no idea what to do. My main flock was coming from her chickens. ;-(

Frankly, it's not like her to not respond and I have some concerns for her, thinking something must have happened so am praying for her.

Stressed about the other 6 eggs I got today, trying to find a way to incubate them. My friend was going to put all of them in her big incubator but too expensive to run for just 6 and I have to pay per live bird hatched.

Say a prayer for the breeder in case something happened.

How funny! They do seem so friendly. No, the quilt was just from online picture. Someone else commented she ordered the kit and made one. I liked the picture and as I have no chickens right now, thought I'd use that one ha.

How funny! They do seem so friendly. No, the quilt was just from online picture. Someone else commented she ordered the kit and made one. I liked the picture and as I have no chickens right now, thought I'd use that one ha.

Well, I guess I should not count my eggs before they are shipped, let alone count the chickens before they are hatched.

The breeder hasn't been in touch since May 31, was due to ship this past Monday. I got eggs from othe other breeder, different breed today. I have no idea what to do. My main flock was coming from her chickens. ;-(

Frankly, it's not like her to not respond and I have some concerns for her, thinking something must have happened so am praying for her.

Stressed about the other 6 eggs I got today, trying to find a way to incubate them. My friend was going to put all of them in her big incubator but too expensive to run for just 6 and I have to pay per live bird hatched.

Well the breeder DID come through!!! So exciting. I think she's fine, maybe her computer is having issues. Whew.

So I got the hatching eggs today, let's hope for lots of pullets.! ;-) Excited

Congratulations I hope you have a wonderful hatch. There is a Facebook page for Houdan Chicken people you might enjoy. https://www.facebook.com/groups/660084747450685/ if you would like to join us.
Well the breeder DID come through!!! So exciting. I think she's fine, maybe her computer is having issues. Whew.

So I got the hatching eggs today, let's hope for lots of pullets.! ;-) Excited

looking for houdan hens have you got any leads. need at least two hens done have a rooster. please get back to me someone

You can get a cheap incubator, even used. It might be cheaper in the long run.

looking for houdan hens have you got any leads. need at least two hens done have a rooster. please get back to me someone

It might help you and others if you have some info on your page letting others know what State you are residing in
cool.png
see if I live in Death Valley California and you lived in Key West Florida the trip alone this late in Spring would most likely bring on the chickens early demise
sad.png

Some of my last summer's hatch
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom