House Duck Toys???

Wynette that's a great idea. I have some hay bale twine that could be used. I like to create habitat's for my animals and give them some sort of stimulation. Everyone should be happy :)

I'm wondering if one of those baby toys with the beads that slide on a heavy wire would be good for a duck to play with? I think they call them bead mazes or something. the beads are big and don't come off. If it is safe enough for a human baby, I don't think a duck could damage it.

Those pics are so cute.
love.gif

I'm wondering if one of those baby toys with the beads that slide on a heavy wire would be good for a duck to play with? I think they call them bead mazes or something. the beads are big and don't come off. If it is safe enough for a human baby, I don't think a duck could damage it.

[/quote
What a great idea! I might have to try this in the winter when they get bored!

The pics with the stuffed animals are ADORABLE!! :D

Quote: I was going to recommend baby toys, too.

You could always use a small hamster ball (or something similar), leave the lid off and stick bits of fruit and veggies in it. Might get messy, but would fun to play with, I'm sure. Also, ice cubes with frozen goodies inside might work.

I should think that certain dog and cat toys would be entertaining, too. You would just have to make sure they aren't so small that the duckling would eat/swallow it on acccident...

OP's duckling is so cute!
Off topic: do you use some type of duck diaper or just clean up poo?

I am loving the idea of duck toys and the stuffed animal photos are darling!

Here's two toys that my ducklings DID NOT like....

Even now, 7 months later, anything that lights up or blinks they freak out about. My watch is a no go, as well as my alarm clock.
They grew to not be afraid of the bells, but they don't find it as amusing as I thought they would.

Their favorite toys are my shoes. I gave them an old pair of sneaks and they go nuts pulling at the laces. I tie a knot for them and when they untie it
I tie it back. Its like fetch. But not really.

Really cute videos, Melissa! You have the cutest little scaredy-cat duckies.
lol.png
A word of caution, though. I got one of those bell balls for my duck, and she ended up getting a toe stuck in it and ripping off her toenail. She's a call duck so I assume her toes are smaller than your ducks' toes are, but just so you know.

My duck loves anything that squeaks or crinkles! I take her to PetSmart and let her pick toys out of the dog toy aisle! And once you give it to her there is no getting it back!

Soleil and her favorite toy- a squeaky caterpillar :)

Back
Top Bottom