House Duck Toys???

My duck loves anything that squeaks or crinkles! I take her to PetSmart and let her pick toys out of the dog toy aisle! And once you give it to her there is no getting it back!

Soleil and her favorite toy- a squeaky caterpillar :)

I have a white crested pekin that's 8 weeks old who's a house duck. I wondered what kind of toys ducks liked to play with. She needs something to stimulate her. Picture of her a couple of weeks ago :)

She is adorable, but other than a play mate I can only think of a mirror with safe edges, that she can see herself in.

I'm wondering if one of those baby toys with the beads that slide on a heavy wire would be good for a duck to play with? I think they call them bead mazes or something. the beads are big and don't come off. If it is safe enough for a human baby, I don't think a duck could damage it.

Here's two toys that my ducklings DID NOT like....

Even now, 7 months later, anything that lights up or blinks they freak out about. My watch is a no go, as well as my alarm clock.
They grew to not be afraid of the bells, but they don't find it as amusing as I thought they would.

Their favorite toys are my shoes. I gave them an old pair of sneaks and they go nuts pulling at the laces. I tie a knot for them and when they untie it
I tie it back. Its like fetch. But not really.

A couple of pot plants of grass to nuzzle and 'hunt' in?
idunno.gif
My ducks spend their time "playing" by preening, grass/plant nuzzling, dunking in the pond, one legged dozing or 'relaxing' on the coolness of the path in the shade. Not quite sure how you would replicate that indoors.

Really is a cute duckling
big_smile.png

We just bought her two pekin ducklings as playmates, she is less than enthused with them, but I feel she will accept them over time.

You just have me a good idea though. I could get some bird toys for her. She loves to nibble on the tv remote. I think some toys with beads (that dont come off) would be entertaining.

We bought a 6' length or regular white rop from our local Family Farm & Home. When I have chicks in a brooder, I will tie a piece of binder twine to the top of the cage so it dangles down to head level; they love playing tug-o-war with that, so maybe something between a thick white cotton rope and a piece of binder twine, hung up, to let her tug at?

I went to PetCo and found a mirror in the bird aisle that has beads on it that slide along the rod. My duck loves to look at her reflection and chew on the beads. It was only a couple bucks and she's had lots of fun with it!

Back
Top Bottom