at this age sock diapers would work well, since real diapers are too big. have you tried those?

I haven't found a good tutorial for them. I tried it out with my son's old ankle socks, but they were cut wrong (which is kinda par for the course when I craft) and the socks were too thick. The ducks started panting immediately 😐

Maybe I could try panty hose? Ugh why wasn't I blessed with crafting skills?! 🤣🤣

Oh my goodness! I LOVE your video of the ducks going to the beach! That is so cool that they follow you everywhere. What are their names?

Awe thanks! I'm definitely a little obsessed with them and I guess the feeling is mutual haha 😄 They think our family is their flock so wherever we go, they go!

And because of the pandemic we're either home with them all day or they're coming with us to an outdoor activity. My niece and nephews love when the ducks come out with us 😍 Some people get to swim with dolphins, we prefer to swim with ducks! 🤣

Their "official" names are Professor Chaos, General Disarray and Princess Kenny, but we call them Chaos, Dizzy and Kenny as we like to keep it informal haha 😉

A bit off topic but I've seen people use scrunchies as accessories that look like scarves. @Duck mommy 2019 has an instagram with some cute pics of duckies with them.
Sorry, I just like talking about animal fashion lol

As do I🥰

I tried to buy them diapers online because I thought the design was cute... 1596480715173.jpg
It didn't work out too well 🤣🤣

The listing said "medium size fits macaws, African greys and similar sized fowl" Uhhh yeah, show me a full grown macaw that fits in the palm of your hand!! 🤨😂

Awe thanks! I'm definitely a little obsessed with them and I guess the feeling is mutual haha 😄 They think our family is their flock so wherever we go, they go!

And because of the pandemic we're either home with them all day or they're coming with us to an outdoor activity. My niece and nephews love when the ducks come out with us 😍 Some people get to swim with dolphins, we prefer to swim with ducks! 🤣

Their "official" names are Professor Chaos, General Disarray and Princess Kenny, but we call them Chaos, Dizzy and Kenny as we like to keep it informal haha 😉
Haha “Butters, you’re grounded mister!”

Thanks so much for that advice. My ducklings are growing crazy fast so hopefully I can make something that is adjustable, but like I said I'm very craft challenged haha So far they spend time on puppy pads or I take them outside for a while.

I feel like my life would get real difficult chasing around my toddler and the three feathered toddlers all day with paper towels 😂😂

View attachment 2287163
This is how they watch TV with me 🥰

View attachment 2287164
your little guys look more happy to be handled than mine so maybe diapers will go easier when its time for them. I was afraid of overhandling/stressing them when they were really little but I should have gotten them more used to it.

They've only just in the last two weeks taken to napping on the couch with me and its the only time I'm allowed to hold and pet them. Even if I get all the way on the floor with them when I have them downstairs, they dont want me getting too close/touching them. On the couch though? Somehow we become equals and can snuggle 🙃 little monsters.

I struggled with the sock designs, but I was also using some older more worn out socks I was willing to part with because with the pandemic going on I didnt feel like going to walmart or anything to grab some cheap new socks in the right sizes.

Haha “Butters, you’re grounded mister!”
your little guys look more happy to be handled than mine so maybe diapers will go easier when its time for them. I was afraid of overhandling/stressing them when they were really little but I should have gotten them more used to it.

They've only just in the last two weeks taken to napping on the couch with me and its the only time I'm allowed to hold and pet them. Even if I get all the way on the floor with them when I have them downstairs, they dont want me getting too close/touching them. On the couch though? Somehow we become equals and can snuggle 🙃 little monsters.

I struggled with the sock designs, but I was also using some older more worn out socks I was willing to part with because with the pandemic going on I didnt feel like going to walmart or anything to grab some cheap new socks in the right sizes.

Oh man, they are quickly becoming "not so little" guys. Having the three of them on the chair with me has become more and more difficult as they bigger they get, well the bigger their poops!

I've handled the ducklings regularly since day one and they still don't appreciate being picked up. If I get down on the floor they will sit next to me or crawl into my lap, but if I try to pick one up, oh Lord the dramatics! 🤣 they sound like I'm trying to kill them. Then when I put them down, they're right back to following me everywhere.

You're right though, when they're on the couch with me they are almost demanding that I cuddle and will snuggle into whatever crevice they can find!

Oh man, they are quickly becoming "not so little" guys. Having the three of them on the chair with me has become more and more difficult as they bigger they get, well the bigger their poops!

I've handled the ducklings regularly since day one and they still don't appreciate being picked up. If I get down on the floor they will sit next to me or crawl into my lap, but if I try to pick one up, oh Lord the dramatics! 🤣 they sound like I'm trying to kill them. Then when I put them down, they're right back to following me everywhere.

You're right though, when they're on the couch with me they are almost demanding that I cuddle and will snuggle into whatever crevice they can find!
In the last couple weeks my forearms have been absolutely shredded to pieces, I look like I fought a tiger. I dont know when we crossed from "I dont like this and I will yell about it but otherwise accept my fate" into "SHES TRYING TO MURDER US FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE" but I've taken quite the beating every time they've needed to be handled (which is at least twice a day to go out to the pool, so its not like they arent used to it by now)

My littler one has also traded places with my bigger one for who actually wants my attention the most. She gets in my lap and snuggles up to me on the couch, the bigger one wants to be on the couch but dont I dare touch her, not even accidentally. She gets overheated faster though so I can imagine she doesnt wanna snuggle, but she accepts absolutely zero pets either. She started out as my calmer sweeter one 😭

Oh my gosh, same! If mine are on the floor or sofa with me they all want to snuggle-bug up like crazy and go to sleep. But if I am lifting them in or out of the brooder? "MURDER! MAYHEM! HUN INVASION! CALL THE POLICE!" SO many dramatics. 😂 :rolleyes:

I have had no luck with the baby/training harnesses either (the neck hole keeps slipping down over the tops of their wings and they go into gymnastics to get them off). Will definitely try the sock method you guys mentioned!

Back
Top Bottom