House Fire Thursday, Update 7/22, having to sell the flock.. :(

Thank you all so very much.
hit.gif
I will post in the NC "where are you" thread also. It's all so surreal and there is SO much to do and to take care of.
I'm going over and taking care of the chickens daily, they are doing well and I'm making sure that they're getting plenty of food and water and veggies from the garden that we can't have here in the motel room with a large dorm fridge and a microwave. I tried to cook on the charcoal grills tonight that we have here, but have forgotten how long it takes for those briquettes to get going!
roll.png

We're looking for anything that can support our flock and our home. 3 bedrooms would be fantastic and 3-5 acres either rent or rent to own in the Cabarrus or Rowan Co side. We also opening our new computer store this weekend , so there's even more stress involved because I'm trying to handle the housing and chickens myself and DH is handling the store opening which I can't deal with at all.
We've both made ourselves sick with stress and worry and probably smoke inhalation too. I'm getting better, but now he's the one feeling sick like he has bronchitis like I had the same thing a few days ago.
It'll be a week tomorrow. Wow. It feels like a life time.
I don't want to downsize the flock, but it's getting desperate with finding a home out in the country here that it's not funny. We're not taking much with us when we go furniture wise, but just sorting through things after 8 years of being in a home....I can't even think about it.
We just need prayers for peace, calm and clear thinking. It was taking it day to day, now it's hour to hour.
Thank you all.

I am so sorry for the trauma and shock and stress you are experiencing. We will be praying for the Lord to grant you rest for your body AND your mind, clarity of thought and insight as to what to do next, and for doors to open (literally and figuratively!) to provide a place for your family (human and otherwise!) to live in peace and comfort.
hugs.gif

You're very welcome. I can't begin to imagine how devastated I'd be to lose my home and belongings from a fire. I know of a man who lost 20+ pets in a house fire, and I've read posts on this forum of people losing their homes and/or chicken houses / barns to fire. Losing one's things would be bad enough, but the pain of losing beloved pets in such a manner would be almost more than a person could bear. I only know that there's a loving God out there who loves you and cares about you and what happens to you (as He does each of us). You are not alone, you are not forgotten, and you WILL come through this.
hugs.gif

So sorry to hear about this. How devastating, I can't even imagine
sad.png
hugs.gif

will send up some prayers for yall.

Wish we were closer, we'd help anyway we could.

good luck to yall
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
, I am so vey sorry to hear about the fire. I am sending good thoughts and Prayers to you and your Family. May a Peace that transends all understanding guide your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus our Lord and savior. My fav. Bible verse. Say this over when you are down. God Bless.
hugs.gif

We may have found a place!!!!!!
fl.gif
wee.gif

It is a 3 bdr house with 7 acres right where we need to be, and the owner is SUPER friendly! We can even rent to own!!! Please be in prayer for us, going to look at it this afternoon!!!

Back
Top Bottom