House Goose Thread

Hope everyone is having a great summer so far. Life's been a roller coaster. Jupiter is just shy of 11 weeks old today. She is so photogenic. Here's what she looks like now; long gone are her itty bitty baby days.

She's so cute!

Pear will be four weeks old on Wednedsay

I don't know about you all, but I am so happy I had Pear sexed at Metzer. I remember last year I thought Pear the first was a boy for so long and ended up being a girl, I was horrified.

Doesn't matter either way to me honestly. Cas is a pet and there's no real discernible differences that would sway me either way (boy VS girl) with a goose that's housed raised, so I guess to me it doesn't matter whether he's a he or a she. Both male and female geese can make great house pets when raised correctly, and in some cases, I've seen that the gender doesn't "fit" the stereotype anyway. I've heard of very quiet and docile males as well as over-protective and high strung females. I think it all boils down to how they're raised, and their base personality. Geese get a bad rap, kinda like Pit Bulls. As a baby, Cas has always sought human company over his own, from the day I picked him from the bin of ducklings because he climbed right into my hand and stared at me. If some day Cas should lay an egg, well then I'll know he's a girl but until then, he's my good boy!
big_smile.png

If you get a chance, look up Oliver the diaper wearing YouTube famous House Goose. He is an absolute doll, and shows just how loving and calm a male House Goose can be.
wink.png

Last edited:
Doesn't matter either way to me honestly. Cas is a pet and there's no real discernible differences that would sway me either way (boy VS girl) with a goose that's housed raised, so I guess to me it doesn't matter whether he's a he or a she. Both male and female geese can make great house pets when raised correctly, and in some cases, I've seen that the gender doesn't "fit" the stereotype anyway. I've heard of very quiet and docile males as well as over-protective and high strung females. I think it all boils down to how they're raised, and their base personality. Geese get a bad rap, kinda like Pit Bulls. As a baby, Cas has always sought human company over his own, from the day I picked him from the bin of ducklings because he climbed right into my hand and stared at me. If some day Cas should lay an egg, well then I'll know he's a girl but until then, he's my good boy! :D  

If you get a chance, look up Oliver the diaper wearing YouTube famous House Goose. He is an absolute doll, and shows just how loving and calm a male House Goose can be.;)

Oh no it's not the difference, it's just me having the mindset "you are a BOY" then finding out he was a SHE I was so upset! My little boy was now a girl! Yuck! ;)

I wouldn't compare them to pitbulls so much, because with geese it IS how they're raised. With pits specifically (not all dogs) even if you raise them abd socialize them, they all have a genetic predisposition to be dog aggressive, it's what they're bred for. So if they have that predisposition they WILL be dog aggressive or animal aggressive, and you can't train out genetic aggression. Only manage it.

Geese are much nicer than pitbulls! :D

Jupiter's new diaper harness arrived today. Hooray! I've been needing a back up for days I forget to set her 1st harness out to dry. Here she is modeling it, pretty in pink. Party Fowl even put a pretty flower brooch on it for free. It disappeared quickly into her feathers, so it's kinda hard to see.

Back
Top Bottom