House Sparrows in Coop

What I've read about 'training' is to add 2 strips on the outer edges of pop opening.
Let them get used to those being there for awhile, then add 2 more, narrowing the opening that they'll have to rub against. Rinse and repeat.
Or put them all up and tie the center ones back to leave an opening they can get thru at first before dropping them all and they have to push thru the strips.
Let us know how it works out...Best of cLuck!
I use black fabric as curtain, with hardly any space between the two halfs, any bird who tasted the food will go through and teach others, robin will go through, but I have treadle feeders now.

aart mentioned a pet strip door. I love this idea. I usually leave the big door open as well as the smaller chicken door. I worry about certain chickens controlling the door. Which they have done. Unfortunately, the big door allows birds easy access into the coop and I had a pair of birds nest i there, last year. I am in the process of building a new coop and will put two smaller doors so that there is less door monitoring. I could still put a sliding door on one side but plastic strips on the other side of the same opening. The chickens did kill the fledglings, which actually alarmed me, but it has curtailed that pair of birds to nest in there this year.

Back
Top Bottom