Housing button quail...

SamG347

Songster
12 Years
Mar 4, 2007
PA
Im getting a trio of buttons and was wondering what you all use for housing. I want to keep them in my room...and was thinking of maybe getting a plastic tub from walmart or something and cutting out windows and using a soft mess or something to cover the wholes. Think that would work?
Thanks yall
big_smile.png

get the tallest one you can find-they fly straight up.I found they did better in pairs than in a trio,but maybe if they had had more room a trio would have worked.They will hurt each other if they are unhappy.

I used a 40 Gallon aquarium for quite a while and then my hubby built me a huge aviary for them. Here are a few pics.
I suggest not putting live plants in because they will destroy them but there are plenty of neat plastic plants at Walmart. Jenn

40 Gl. Aquarium
006-9.jpg

Newest aviary
001-13.jpg

005-9.jpg

007-15.jpg

WOW! I love your aviary!

I was thinking about getting button quail too, but I'm not sure I would have the room. I always liked the idea of keeping them in an aquarium, but last time I looked at the prices of aquariums, they were pretty pricey! I'm interested to see others ideas though. I like the tupperware idea.

Back
Top Bottom