Housing button quail...

SamG347

Songster
12 Years
Mar 4, 2007
PA
Im getting a trio of buttons and was wondering what you all use for housing. I want to keep them in my room...and was thinking of maybe getting a plastic tub from walmart or something and cutting out windows and using a soft mess or something to cover the wholes. Think that would work?
Thanks yall

priszilla

Songster
12 Years
Jan 12, 2008
easley sc
get the tallest one you can find-they fly straight up.I found they did better in pairs than in a trio,but maybe if they had had more room a trio would have worked.They will hurt each other if they are unhappy.

jkcove08

Songster
12 Years
Apr 12, 2007
Iowa
I used a 40 Gallon aquarium for quite a while and then my hubby built me a huge aviary for them. Here are a few pics.
I suggest not putting live plants in because they will destroy them but there are plenty of neat plastic plants at Walmart. Jenn

40 Gl. Aquarium

Newest aviary

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
WOW! I love your aviary!

I was thinking about getting button quail too, but I'm not sure I would have the room. I always liked the idea of keeping them in an aquarium, but last time I looked at the prices of aquariums, they were pretty pricey! I'm interested to see others ideas though. I like the tupperware idea.

Top Bottom