Hova-Bator 1588 Rattling????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kellim, Jul 31, 2008.

1. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    I have noticed that the fan in my hova-bator 1588 is rattling, at least I think it is the fan. I just finished this latest hatch and cleaned it up really well, disinfected it well and let it air dry. I set it back up and got it going because I have Silver Sebright eggs going in tomorrow. I noticed that the fan is making a noise. I can tell it is running but there seems to be some else, a rattle from somewhere, when I pick up the lid and hold it up it is even more noticeable. I had thought of calling the company I got it from to ask because I have tried tightening the screws on top and still the rattle. I called the company and they are closed til tomorrow, not sure how much help they would be anyways. It doesn't seem like the casing, more like the fan blades or something like that. Any ideas???

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Mine did that after my first hatch also and drove me nuts! After the second hatch I took a blower and blew the fan out really good after the bator was all clean and dry and it seemed to fix the problem. A lot of chick fluff came out of it. Try that!

3. kellim

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    Thanks! I will try that. Well, I will try it as soon as these next eggs hatch, just couldn't wait.......lol guess that's the addiction part lol [​IMG]

4. homeandbarnbasics

homeandbarnbasics Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2008
    Tallassee, AL
    I was going to suggest the same thing. Those fans are pretty high speed, so even some fuzz from the previous batch of chicks can cause it to become unbalanced and rattle. Check to make sure that the fan is secure to the top of the bator, blow it out good, then give it a shot. If that doesn't help, let me now and I will help you trouble shoot it some more.

Tony

5. kellim

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    Thank you Tony! I will try blowing it out first thing tomorrow morning and let ya know how it works then.

6. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    wow im glad to know this i just got one of these now i will know what to try if this happens to me thanks for the advice on my end to

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by