Hova-Bator 1588 Rattling????

kellim

Songster
11 Years
Jun 19, 2008
SC, GA Border
I have noticed that the fan in my hova-bator 1588 is rattling, at least I think it is the fan. I just finished this latest hatch and cleaned it up really well, disinfected it well and let it air dry. I set it back up and got it going because I have Silver Sebright eggs going in tomorrow. I noticed that the fan is making a noise. I can tell it is running but there seems to be some else, a rattle from somewhere, when I pick up the lid and hold it up it is even more noticeable. I had thought of calling the company I got it from to ask because I have tried tightening the screws on top and still the rattle. I called the company and they are closed til tomorrow, not sure how much help they would be anyways. It doesn't seem like the casing, more like the fan blades or something like that. Any ideas???

Mine did that after my first hatch also and drove me nuts! After the second hatch I took a blower and blew the fan out really good after the bator was all clean and dry and it seemed to fix the problem. A lot of chick fluff came out of it. Try that!

Thanks! I will try that. Well, I will try it as soon as these next eggs hatch, just couldn't wait.......lol guess that's the addiction part lol
roll.png

I was going to suggest the same thing. Those fans are pretty high speed, so even some fuzz from the previous batch of chicks can cause it to become unbalanced and rattle. Check to make sure that the fan is secure to the top of the bator, blow it out good, then give it a shot. If that doesn't help, let me now and I will help you trouble shoot it some more.

Tony

Back
Top Bottom