Hovabator fan

rizq

Songster
11 Years
Oct 9, 2008
Tennessee
I just got a used forced air hovabator 2362. The fan cuts out when the thermostat kicks the heating element off and the fan makes as unpleasant noise as it winds to a halt. Is it supposed to kick in and out? Should I worry about that awful sound?

I am anxiously trying to get this thing set up so I can get my Hamburg and serama mutt eggs set before they are too old
roll.png

I'll try that. It would be nice if it would shut up since it is in my bedroom. It doesn't take much to wake me up, lol.

So is it supposed to stop like that? I was under the impression that the fan usually ran constantly.

Thanks
smile.png

the fan needs to run constantly. Probably you have one of those do it yourself jobs that is wired wrong. Hopefully you or someone in your family can fix it quick. I got one like that at an auction and hubby fixed it for me:)

It is the 2362, so it came with the fan installed. BUT, this doesn't mean that somewhere along the way the fan wasn't replaced and wired incorrectly. Thanks for the answers. I'll get my Dad to look at it. I am sure he can fix it
smile.png

Oh, and I oiled the fan bearings and it runs quiet as a mouse now! Doesn't make that awful scrunchy squeak when it stops either.

Thanks!

Quote:
If you need a schematic on how to properly wire it to have it run the entire time, I will be glad to draw one up for you. Shoot me a PM and I will do that and post it.

Schematic below.........copy and print for your Dad.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom