Hovabator

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Tikkajazz94, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

any Hatchers use the Hovabator Genesis 1588 for their quail???? I might buy one from a friend, and thought to ask

2. sixshooter60

sixshooter60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Stuart Oklahoma
    Dont know anything about that model other than its automatic .i think its preset and cant be changed i have a 1602N forced air i have used it to incubate but usually just use it as a hatcher but i have heard the 1588 is a nice model for beginners.

3. cva34

cva34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Van Vleck ,TX
    Most of the stuff Iv'e heard on the 1588 has been WOW.Only bad Iv'e heard was something about haveing to add water daily ;but thats up for grabs cause I do not know where they live (maybe the desert area) its an unknown.cva34

4. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    i just checked it out, looks to be the same thing as the 1602 only preset temps, which is w/e. i'm sure its like most hovabators, good products

i use a 1602n and its awesome.

5. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you guys think its worth it?

6. I think it is worth it. I am planning on getting one (1588) soon myself. I cannot speak from experience though. I am positive it will be better than my homemade cooler incubator. [​IMG]

7. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    honestly, i don't think its worth it, i'd rather just get a still air 1602n, pop a pc fan in it for like 7 bucks, and buy the auto turners, might save 20 bucks that way instead of buying the whole thing.

8. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

I have had a Hovabator 1588 for the past 2 years and I love it. I have had excellent hatches using it. The temperature is preset but can be changed if necessary ~ I have never adjusted mine. There is also a fan which in my opinion is very important. Mine also came with a turner & holders for both chicken & quail eggs.

9. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    I love mine! Just got done with 4 hatches in a row. Very little fuss. Water/humidity holds good and comes back up fast after opening it.

It was well worth every penny. I also love the big window to watch hatches. Plug it in, add a little water.. little to no fuss.

10. Eyeheartquail

Eyeheartquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Are they made out of styrofoam like the other hovabators and if so does it make them difficult to clean?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by