Hovabator

So, Plan on picking it up and having it by the end of march :D Can't wait. So, it has the Universal turner trays, would It be safe to put quail eggs in there? I know it would be big, but would it do the trick?

So, Plan on picking it up and having it by the end of march :D Can't wait. So, it has the Universal turner trays, would It be safe to put quail eggs in there? I know it would be big, but would it do the trick?

I got it with dual trays. It has chicken and quail trays. Total price for the new incubator with bigger window was around $205 shipped and that includes both trays.

Buying from the manufacturer I think the price was the cheapest by like $20, plus I figure if anything goes wrong, I'd rather deal with the manufacturer then the middle man.

My Hovabator is due to arrive any day now
ya.gif
So may I ask some of you....What do you do with quail ? Are they just to have as pets ? Do you eat them or just eat the eggs ? Will they free range and come back to their coops/cages at dark ? Will they brood their own eggs ? How long do their eggs take to hatch in an incubator and is it the same temp/humidity settings as for chicken eggs ? And anything else you could tell me about them. I just have bantams right now but when I get my incubator I am very interested in trying to raise some other types of birds. I love them all !!! Thanks for sharing any information

My dad uses a Hovabator to incubate for his quail eggs and is doing great. He just hatched off 24 out of 29 eggs this week. His has the turner and fan in it and seems to be doing really well.

The hovabators work great for quail (in my experience). Did a hatch at the begining of December and ended up with 57 quails out of 60eggs.
You can also order from www.incubatorwarehouse.com. They DO ship to Canada and there are no duty fees or anything like that. You just order what you want online and pay for shipping and then it shows up through Canada post. Took a week and a half for my hovabator to come in and it was well worth the wait! I ended up getting the quail egg racks and the duck/chicken egg ones and the quail egg racks work awesome. You can take some of the parts out depending on how many eggs you have in there. I took one rack out just so none of the eggs would hit each other.
smile.png

My eggs are all **** getting a new incubator or finding ways to make one...i think i should with a live bird...im mad

Back
Top Bottom