Hovabator

Well I can get mine used, for $180... Which it comes with an auto turner, a thermometer and the box's that they came in. I want something different than the One I have, Since the plastic top is cracked, and not keeping at one temp, I have to have a Blanket over it to keep it the right them...... So I'm guessing I'll go for it.

Well I can get mine used, for $180... Which it comes with an auto turner, a thermometer and the box's that they came in. I want something different than the One I have, Since the plastic top is cracked, and not keeping at one temp, I have to have a Blanket over it to keep it the right them...... So I'm guessing I'll go for it.

$180 is not really a "deal" for a used hovabator 1588. I only paid $178 for mine which included shipping, auto turner with chicken and quail racks. I got mine from cutler supply. http://www.cutlersupply.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_24_28&products_id=213

Last edited:
We paid 186.00 for my Brinsea Octogon eco 20 and turner all together and mine is dishwasher safe which I love. My husband surprised me with it for Christmas. I just looked up if the Genesis was made of styrafoam and it is. I am sure it is a wonderful bator and I will probably get in trouble for saying this but if I had the option between the Genesis or the Brinsea for the same price, why not get the one that is easier to clean?
hide.gif

i just checked it out, looks to be the same thing as the 1602 only preset temps, which is w/e. i'm sure its like most hovabators, good products

i use a 1602n and its awesome.

I have 2 of these and like them I add a puter fan to mine as soon as I get them I add water every 2-3 days

thumbsup.gif
I am sure you will have tons of fun with it. I'm already addicted. Quail junkies....Gotta love 'em!

Last edited:
Okay, So I would prob buy this.... And use it as a Incubator... and use my Top hatch bator as a Hatcher???? Since The Hovabator will be hard to clean... The main mess will be hatching, so It shouldn't be a issue right???

Nah, I wouldn't think it would be a problem. Sounds like a plan. Even if you did hatch in the hovabator I am sure you would be fine. I was mainly just talking about convenience. Will it be more difficult to clean than the Brinsea? Probably, but that doesn't mean it will be difficult. I hope you have a blast hatching some chickies
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom