Hoverbator 1602 Or 2362N

Gonzo

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Southwestern, In
Which model of incubators would be better for 2 kids (14 & 8yrs) who have never hatched eggs before? Or does anyone have any suggestions? I want to keep the price under $125.00 if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the 2362n with fan make sure there is a fan less fuss. I had 4 out 5 eggs on first hatch (5th egg wasnt fertile).
2nd setting is due to hatch on friday the 13th all looks well candled today and all are moving about. Hope kids have fun.
And good luck

I have the 1602 with auto turner. Worked great.

My oldest got to see them hatch, but my youngest missed them. 2 hatched while we were at soccer, another while at a birthday party and the other 2 at 11:00 at night.

I have the 1588, yes it is more expensive but I totally think its worth it!!!! I have 2 of them (bator and hatcher) I purchased one new from Cutler Supply with turner and shipped for 175. I turned around and bought one off of a BYCer on the auction system (with turner) for 130. Note that I didnt pay shipping because we live to close and I picked it up. I love knowing that its a preset temp. It holds humidity AWESOME!!!! I cant say enough good things about this unit! My babies are hatching right now... if you want to check out my hatch rate just visit my thread (they arent done yet!)... so far a wonderful success and guess what... Its my first hatch!!!!

I would probably get the 1602, an auto-egg turner and buy a PC fan and hook it up myself. This way, you get everything at a reasonable cost and some flexibility. I think the 1588 can also be adjusted even though it is a "pre-set" model. Given all the different incubation methods/settings available which are highly dependent on your climate and locale, a little flexibility goes a long way in my opinion. I like simple things - an adjustable thermostat that can be easily replaced if necessary, a simple fan that can also be easily replaced, etc.

I also believe in "less is more" when it comes to handling your eggs throughout the incubation cycle, hence investing in an auto-egg turner. The kids should enjoy the "hands-off" approach but also still able to candle, observe, make adjustments and try their own settings and experiment. Really, who enjoys a black box approach?

I am no expert. Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom