How about a Thread for Embdens?

Oh your story is so funny! I can just see you all! Don't we just love our birds so, tho? We must or we wouldn't spend so darned much tie on them! Love the pictures of your beautiful geese. I have to figure out how to get some pictures on here. But tell more stories. I love them.

[COLOR=0000CD]I know it is funny so do not feel bad laughing. My husband crakes up! Sit in the house looking out the window at the antics for awhile then at the end comes out.[/COLOR]

Haha well at least he helps after he gets all his laughter in.

I have really bad back pain have broken my back 3 different times. The lower back the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th vertabra. The one was crushed on one side. Now I have a pinched nerve and my spine is curving. So getting around is very painful for me some days more so than others.
When I ask him to come out and help me all he does is complain!!! Never has a nice word to say, but can sit inside looking out the picture window and laugh at me chasing the geese around.
Then when he comes out and helps it is not so funny he curses and calls me names because I have the geese!
hu.gif

[COLOR=0000CD]I have really bad back pain have broken my back 3 different times. The lower back the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th vertabra. The one was crushed on one side. Now I have a pinched nerve and my spine is curving. So getting around is very painful for me some days more so than others.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]When I ask him to come out and help me all he does is complain!!! Never has a nice word to say, but can sit inside looking out the picture window and laugh at me chasing the geese around.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]Then when he comes out and helps it is not so funny he curses and calls me names because I have the geese!
hu.gif
[/COLOR]
Oh my :( so sorry to hear that about your back. My mom has back problems too. Typical man. My bf tries to do the same thing but I always cut him off and by the time I'm done he probably wishes he hadnt said a thing.

So my female goose is losing her neck feathers. She's about 3 months old. They aren't all gone, by any means, but they aren't all smooth and 'solid' like they used to be. She's not plucking them, nor is she being bullied by the ducks. I am with them a lot and I see no behavioral differences. She doesn't act sick. She looks healthy. She actually looks kinda cute the way the feathers are now. But I can't imagine it's normal. The rest of her is a shining picture of health. Her diet hasn't changed. She's eating the same amount. Soooo... what's up? Any suggestions?

So I got a new puppy. He's a 10 month old German Shepard and while I knew how to introduce him to them and get an understanding on his part but what about their part? The geese just seem to hiss and hiss and stick their wings out and while I can understand why they are doing it, heck if it were me I'd do the same thing, I'm not sure how to get them to understanding either. How long will they consider him an intruder? I have had a dog since I got them and the neighbor has 2 dogs so they aren't afraid of dogs I don't think. I'm thinking its just because he's new. Also they seem to hiss at everyone but me. They even will hiss at my bf if he leaves with his friends and comes back a few hrs later. As soon as he steps out of the car they hiss at him. I thought he was lying at first because they have never done it to me, until I actually heard them hiss at my mom who comes over quite often and we look exactly alike. They don't charge or anything like that they just hiss. Is there any to teach them that's not appropriate? I tell them that's not nice in hopes they will learn but I dont think they will on this one. Any thoughts?

So my female goose is losing her neck feathers. She's about 3 months old. They aren't all gone, by any means, but they aren't all smooth and 'solid' like they used to be. She's not plucking them, nor is she being bullied by the ducks. I am with them a lot and I see no behavioral differences. She doesn't act sick. She looks healthy. She actually looks kinda cute the way the feathers are now. But I can't imagine it's normal. The rest of her is a shining picture of health. Her diet hasn't changed. She's eating the same amount. Soooo... what's up? Any suggestions?
Can you post a pic? I'm thinking just a normal process of mini molt, but it's been so long since I had a gosling that age I was hoping someone else would answer. how about the others are you seeing it on them as well? My geese are actually molting right now but they are adults.

So I got a new puppy. He's a 10 month old German Shepard and while I knew how to introduce him to them and get an understanding on his part but what about their part? The geese just seem to hiss and hiss and stick their wings out and while I can understand why they are doing it, heck if it were me I'd do the same thing, I'm not sure how to get them to understanding either. How long will they consider him an intruder? I have had a dog since I got them and the neighbor has 2 dogs so they aren't afraid of dogs I don't think. I'm thinking its just because he's new. Also they seem to hiss at everyone but me. They even will hiss at my bf if he leaves with his friends and comes back a few hrs later. As soon as he steps out of the car they hiss at him. I thought he was lying at first because they have never done it to me, until I actually heard them hiss at my mom who comes over quite often and we look exactly alike. They don't charge or anything like that they just hiss. Is there any to teach them that's not appropriate? I tell them that's not nice in hopes they will learn but I dont think they will on this one. Any thoughts?
My yr old goose hisses at me it's just what geese do. My gander doesn't but he was hatched and raised here but my goose I got at 4 months old, she also hisses at the dogs. and will actually go after them if given a chance. So when they are all together, I stand ready to intervene I either get between them or carry my mop handle and place it between them and say no. I'm not sure you can teach them not to hiss, just be ready in case they want to bite.

She doesn't look bad, just kinda like she used some spiking gel or old time dippity-do! She is my only goose; her name is Petunia. I have 4 ducks also and none of them seem to be losing feathers. I considered molting, just thought I'd ask if anyone knew for sure. Since she doesn't act sick, I believe I'll just wait it out a little while longer. Any info/advice is welcome! I started with 3 ducks to begin with and, through a long sad tale, got Petunia as a companion to a little lonely orphan duck I rescued. I wouldn't say it in front of The Ducks (all of whom I ADORE), Petunia has a special place in my heart! They are all so funny! It's like having 5 little feathered clowns running around in my backyard for my own personal entertainment!

Back
Top Bottom