How about a Thread for Embdens?

For all of you who gave me advice when I was hatching goose eggs for the first time:

And then I did it again and again
wink.png

I only have a pair of embdens and Lucy is sitting on a nest full of stinkers for the third year in a row. Buster trails his kids around and guards them while she is setting. When she comes out to stretch her legs she doesn't like them very much.

For all of you who gave me advice when I was hatching goose eggs for the first time:

And then I did it again and again
wink.png

I only have a pair of embdens and Lucy is sitting on a nest full of stinkers for the third year in a row. Buster trails his kids around and guards them while she is setting. When she comes out to stretch her legs she doesn't like them very much.
Oh my goodness you have a lot! Lovely Geese! Yes, momma will treat adult goslings like she doesn't know them if incubated. My Embden do not like new geese added in the flock at all. We added American Buff last year and they still act aggressively towards the pair. If they are brooded geese I am surprised tho that she isn't tolerating them more. She is acting on instinct to protect the nest is my guess. My Embden haven't been good moms so far. My chinese have brooded gosling as well as the Buffs.

Yeah it didn't work...
There is one of 2 things happening. Either there is no gander, or he is infertile. Can you post pictures of your birds? Maybe we can figure it out. With Embden, I look at the belly. Goose have 2 lobes of skin hanging, Gander has one, or none. Ganders voice is a high shriek sound, goose have a lower tone. Gander have a longer neck, thicker leg and larger body than a goose also.

Back
Top Bottom