How about a Thread for Embdens?

she is about 2 years old... o moldy or toxic things he would eat in her coop. She seems to be getting better but I could be wrong

she is about 2 years old... o moldy or toxic things he would eat in her coop. She seems to be getting better but I could be wrong
Is this where she is most of the time? how about the bedding is it wet and smelly they can get respiratory issues from moldy wet ammonia smelling bedding.

I hope she is doing better what have you been doing for her to help her get over what ever it is?

I found a nest =} 5 eggs deep all ready =} my brothers goose would have to start first so well be incubating these first ones for sure. My girls should start up soon I've seen them courting lol

Hi there, can someone help me please? I recently purchased a Janoel 24 to try and incubate my embden eggs. I had 8 eggs in the incubator since 7 Mar at 37.6C, turning them twice daily manually because the automatic turner doesnt turn them all the way around because of the side of the eggs. I was told to let the eggs cool down 10 min a day and to sprinkle it with water once a day which I also do. But I forgot to turn the incubator back on after I switch it off for the 10min cool down :( It was left at room temp (16.7C) for 8 hours. Are these eggs still viable?

Hi there, can someone help me please? I recently purchased a Janoel 24 to try and incubate my embden eggs. I had 8 eggs in the incubator since 7 Mar at 37.6C, turning them twice daily manually because the automatic turner doesnt turn them all the way around because of the side of the eggs. I was told to let the eggs cool down 10 min a day and to sprinkle it with water once a day which I also do. But I forgot to turn the incubator back on after I switch it off for the 10min cool down :( It was left at room temp (16.7C) for 8 hours. Are these eggs still viable?
Maybe @jchny2000 can help I don't use a bator

I have my first try at hatching geese going right now, so can't specifically tell you. However, I have hatched plenty of chickens, ducks, and turkeys and advise to give them a chance. I have had power failures that lasted for hours right in the middle of incubation and the eggs still hatched. Resume doing what you were and then candle in a week to see if they are showing development. You have nothing to lose.

I have my first try at hatching geese going right now, so can't specifically tell you. However, I have hatched plenty of chickens, ducks, and turkeys and advise to give them a chance. I have had power failures that lasted for hours right in the middle of incubation and the eggs still hatched. Resume doing what you were and then candle in a week to see if they are showing development. You have nothing to lose.

Thank you, will do that, hopefully they are not paying for my silly mistake. Do you also do the 10min cooldown everyday on your goose eggs at the moment? what temperature are you using? Do you a place where I can get a guide that are specific to Embden?

Back
Top Bottom