HOW and When DO YOU INTRODUCE YOUR baby CHICKS TO THE FLOCK...........

chickgirl8313

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 30, 2010
hmm.png
I have a mother still sitting nest of 6 eggs and its been over a week since one has hatched ... i do not know if i should remove them and put them all with the regular flock.....and if i do how did you do it .. i dont want to hurt the babies moving them .. thanks
smile.png
babies are a week old .. i have 6 girls 1 roo........

I guess i should be more informative.. the sitter is a raised from egg 1 1.5 year old great mother .. she was able to breed 2 babies.. she is in the garage in a huge bin with her nest her babies and food and water she jumps out to poo daily ... she still has 6 eggs under her and i do not know if they will hatch for i do not hear chirps or what not but they were not layed at same time this was natural and we got a few hitchikers
smile.png
but anywho she has now hatched 5 2 lived and the rest it has been a week since anything but she doesnt seem to want to leave the nest......I also have another new sitter in the coop where the other 5 girls all owned over a year very well chickens but the rooster that is new and was aggresive untill he got his leg caught a week ago...The new babies are 1 week old and should i introduce them to flock or wait .. thank you so much for help ......

That sounds like a good idea .. i dont know what im gonna do when the new ones hatch in 2 weeks ....wonder if i can put them all together under one momma... interesting lol

Back
Top Bottom