How are your ducks housed for severe weather?

Severe Weather... Well so far this week we have had Severe Thunderstorms, High winds, Floods and then a freeze... got ot love the south!!

And where were my ducks... on top of their nest boxes, on the water, sitting on the concrete and up on the look out tower we put in!!

I was so worried about them getting cold and then I saw them... we worked to get their boxes done last weekend (I will post pictures later) in case they needed a place to get in... yeah that happened!

For indoor duck diapering go to : www.indoorduck.com they offer different sizes.. There is also www.thegoosesmother.com they offer diaper harnesses for duckling on up with lots of information too.

indoor ducks also has walking harnesses and leashes designed for birds.. I went nuts when they had their buy one get one half price special earlier this week and ordered Daisy, Stanley, and Judy each diaper harnesses and walking harnesses with leashes.. I can't wait to get them .. am looking forward to seeing their christmas selection too.. OOOOOOOHHHH I'm a bad girl. LOL

I have spoiled my birds with the whole barn. They have the whole side which used to be a milking parlor for the day use and I have water in one corner for them this is also the side that has access to the outdoor run. And then they sleep where calfs were. Ducks are with the chickens, was going to separate but it is working. I had to laugh the afternoon as we are getting a lot of snow and all the ducks are outside demanding water and all the chickens are inside.

Where in Mn are you? I live down by Austin Mn and we are supposed to be getting 7 in of snow between tonight and Sat. If I have to guess when I go out in the morning I will find the ducks all outside hoping to take a bath since I drag out hot water and put some inside and some outside.

Last edited:
I am Central MN. If/WHEN wether get severe, I will carry them to main barn with chickens, but prefer to keep lil bantam feets dry as long as I can.
big_smile.png

First time for ducks. Had them in the house from day 2 until 2 months as their house/run took longer than we figured. The thought of having them in the house again, diapers or no diapers absolutely gives me the willies....Love them to bits, adore them.....but not in the house

Back
Top Bottom