How Awful Will This Stew Be? UPDATE!!!

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
So...I made up a recipe. No specifics on it...

Here's what I did:

1.51 lbs. of stew meat (pre-cut up into 1 inch squares)
Tossed the stew meat around in some Thyme leaves and flour and put in the bottom of the crock pot.
On top of the stew meat, I put some chopped onion.
On top of the onion, I put onion soup mix and garlic powder.
On top of all of this, I added 2 cups of water and 1 cup of red wine. Added a LIBERAL amount of worcestershire sauce.

On top and surrounding the meat, I put in about 2 handfuls of baby carrots and 2 large potatoes that have been cut up.

Didn't look like there was enough solution, so I added some more wine and water and then put a dash of garlic powder on top of the potatoes with the carrots. Added some more worcestershire sauce on top.

Set on high...should be ready around 7 tonight. How awful will it be???

Last edited:
Sounds very good! We are having hot dogs tonight.
sad.png

Sounds good to me, a lot of people might not like the amount of garlic/onion. But I personally love it! Garlic/onion is in just about everything I cook, since it is good for you. However, in certain dishes especially if it is for others I will put just enough so that you can't taste it really.. But it is in there. Now- the only thing missing from your stew. You need some type of tabasco sauce, cayenne pepper, or maybe some chopped Jalapeno's
wink.png
. Maybe all three!

-Daniel

Sounds great! the only thing I would have done different is put the carrots on the bottom then the potatoes then the meat. If the gravy is too liquid when you get home put it in a sauce pot over medium & reduce it by half or so then taste for spice adjustments then if you want it thicker use cornstarch or sour cream.

Quote:
Me too, maybe not as much worsestershire sauce - in place of that maybe about 1/2 can stewed tomatoes.
I bet half the recipes made famous in the world come from someone having to create dinner out of what they had on hand.

O.K......SO..it's finished!

It's not stew exactly. Almost like a soup with a thick soupy texture. You can taste the red wine, W-sauce and everything in it. It's just...amazing.

Almost like a topping for something, but then again more like a soup. It's difficult to tell what you want to do with it except eat it!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom