How BAD TV has gotten?

so we did it!
wee.gif

we have only local stations! i called dish network today!!! i feel like we are already saving money!
fl.gif

for us having cable,,, meant not that much.
smack.gif

my two lil kids have over 100 dvd movies, we can pop one in on our lap top computer etc.! i cant believe hubby was on board too!
yippiechickie.gif

amazing we can watch tv on the lap tops anyways1
clap.gif

just had to share!
celebrate.gif

Hers all the shows I watch on TV.

Deadliest catch NEVER MISSED AN EPISODE
ALL of RFDtv
Ice Road Truckers
Pawn Stars
American Pickers
Modern Marvels
Dirty Jobs
CSI(sometimes)
Dr. G
Law and order(sometimes)
somethings on Animal planet
Some of the Muscle car stuff
CMT
GAC
Local News
the last time I turned on anything other than these was at christmas and thats it out of probably 400 chanels we get for 1 month. Thats the most basic thing Dish will give you. All the other is junk. Cartoons are trashy, that Hannah montana is taking over all the shows, and then you have all this other trashy junk I can't mention on BYC. So I guess I have a boring life haha.

BUT why can't we just pick our channels and save a whole lot of money? I'd say these big companies would have a whole ot more customers if they did that.

oh and we are SPENDING more time with our 2 year old and 4 year old human children. although we had cable tv, it was purely back ground noise. amazing.........
smile.png

hopefully more people can do the same and cut the channels, get local, get lap tops for downloading what YOU really want to watch!
i am soooooo happy we did this.
its been hours since we've not had the cable on today, amazing... thats all.....amazing!
smile.png

Quote:
We have netflix to and for the most part like it. We don't use it as much as could but that is ok to. We do watch on occasion the instant movies but mostly on the computers. I would say we watch a movie about once or twice a week, still a good deal though. We haven't had a game console in years in the house, I guess we got burned out on them many years ago. I do think tv and games are part of the reason some of the children are in such poor health these days. But that is the fault of the parents not the tv or the games.

How does Netflix work exactly? Only on one TV? Or can you have one show on the TV and another on the computer? It sounds so good, I would be tempted.

Quote:
We have netflix to and for the most part like it. We don't use it as much as could but that is ok to. We do watch on occasion the instant movies but mostly on the computers. I would say we watch a movie about once or twice a week, still a good deal though. We haven't had a game console in years in the house, I guess we got burned out on them many years ago. I do think tv and games are part of the reason some of the children are in such poor health these days. But that is the fault of the parents not the tv or the games.

How does Netflix work exactly? Only on one TV? Or can you have one show on the TV and another on the computer? It sounds so good, I would be tempted.

Netflix sends you DVDs in the mail. We are on the lowest priced plan, that is they send us a dvd we pick, we watch it, send it back, and they send another. The watch instantly allows you to watch some less current movies on your computer through streaming. You can also watch them on your tv instantly with certain game boxes and a adapter box. We have never tried watching 2 different movies at a time but I see no reason it would not work.

Our server has a output to the television so we can watch instantly on one tv. At some point I will find another used computer for the bedroom tv so instant movies can be watched in there too.

The only complaint I have about netflix is it only works on a MS windows XP and above platform, it will not play instantly on linux based systems.

Last edited:
Quote:

Yep, sometimes we are watching one on our TV and the kids are each watching different ones on their laptops.
smile.png

Great! I have been saying for months that I was going to start burning DVD's on my DVD player/recorder because I swear they are reruns 10 out of 12 seasons, and have my Law and Orders, Closer, Saving Grace and some of the other Forensic shows I LOVE and would miss alot, and then we could watch movies the rest of the time. . . .this is getting me even more hyped to do it within the next few months. Will they take your checking account, or debit account? I don't have a credit card.

We have been w/o TV for more than 18 months. It's the second time we've banished it and it's is the very best thing we could have done for our marriage and family! I have a serious media addiction so I have to watch the computer, DVD time, too! (I have a pay-as-you-go cell phone...so no texting...I have to use our land line and talk/interact.) That stupid TV used to control what we did and when....I can't do X, Y, Z because CSI is on. And all of that trash being poured into our hearts and minds!
sickbyc.gif
It completely desenitized us!

Now, the family is peaceful...less arguing, we listen to each other, spend actual time interacting, we are way more productive and active. Now, when I see something graphic, obsene, lewd, crude, trashy or foul....it really, really effects me! It's made me see how much the trash harmed us!

Back
Top Bottom