Neighbor dog attacks and kills Miss Peach -- I'm so lost right now.

hugs.gif

I am so sorry for your loss and I hope you can find peace about this in the days and months to come. It seems your neighbors are trying to do the right thing - they at least admitted it was their dog who did it. Talk with them about covering the vet bills and the cost of a new feathered friend for you and your duck. Share the videos with them - and if all that doesn't convince them, go through the court system - but give them a chance to do what is right first. I hope the wave of good thoughts being sent to you from BYC members helps - I just can't imagine how hard this is for you.
hugs.gif

hit.gif
I am so sorry for you!
hugs.gif
Miss Peach was so beautiful. I watched her commercials and loved them:) Know that we'll be praying for you!
hugs.gif

Yep, even a grizzled old goat like me got teared up on that one. I've never lost a chicken that was that close to me, but I did lost an Arabian colt I was raising to be my stallion. Like you, I took him to the UGA vet clinic and they tried, but I got the phone call. That was 32 years ago and I still get choked up. He was a beautiful animal.

I am so sorry for the heart ache you're feeling. Friends are so hard to come by.

Quote:
Same here. I lost my chimera chicken over 2 weeks ago and then my amputee hen that I had been fitting with prosthetic legs. She lived a peaceful life in the garden just outside my door and I brought her in every evening as the sun went down. One night, I was working late and was just about to fetch her when I heard her screams. I went out right away but it was too late. Whatever it was, grabbed her and ran off with her so quickly she never stood a chance. I know what you are going through. Anyway you said you have one egg from her? It is possible to fertilize an infertile egg! Maybe having and raising one of her chicks would take some of the pain away.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
Her videos are amazing, as was your relationship. Even chickens pull at our heart strings. They bring joy just by being a chicken. Give yourself time.....and maybe another chicken....

My condolences for your loss...At least, Miss Peach lived a happy, fruitful life and had wonderful relationships - with you and the people around her, and with her duck friend. Also, save a copy of the note that your neighbor gave you. That might help and it would be great to have "just in case." It's so hard to lose a friend, and it always surprises me how much I get attached to some of the chickens I've had.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom