How best to turn eggs when facing pointy end down!

Welcome to BYC!!
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!!
welcome-byc.gif

Hi guys! thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks Fred. That is very helpful. Humidity here in Ireland is high so I'm sure they will be ok. I have a hydrometer ordered anyway just to keep an eye on it. Should be ok hopefully. :)

Hello again!

Eggs are ordered and should be arriving either tomorrow or Saturday. Very excited now. I decided to get 6 white call duck eggs. I figured the smaller eggs would be better for the incubator I own. I have read that they are difficult to hatch though. I'm hoping I've done enough research to give them the care they need. They also take longer than chickens to hatch. Has anyone any advice on call ducks?

Eggs arrived but sadly one was damaged on transit. Only 5 left. And apparently call ducks are notoriously difficult to hatch in an incubator so this might not go well. I'm hopeful that with a bit of vigilance and beginner's luck at least one might survive. Fingers crossed.

I have one just like this and I have been flipping my eggs point side down, then point side up, then point side down, back & forth and my eggs so far have been doing ok. First time chicken incubator mom here to.

Back
Top Bottom