How big are turkey eggs?

harris farm

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 8, 2010
Louisiana
Can i have mistaken turkey eggs for chicken eggs? I've looked online and some of the eggs are brown with lots of spots on them and i find this in the chicken nest boxes but the boxes are very small. So not very sure. How big are they compared to chicken eggs?

I have been curious about this too, even though I haven't even gotten my turkeys yet.
tongue.png

the shape is different and the eggs are about 1/3 more than chicken eggs the tip is more pointy i still have not got any turkey eggs this year all year last year but not this year
sad.png

If it was not for the snow, I would bet it was spring. I have been getting lots of eggs from my turkeys, geese and ducks. The first year turkeys have been laying small eggs like a pullet egg. They are smaller than my large chicken eggs but have that classic pointed tip. Maybe even smaller than a medium chicken egg. This is one reason I never keep any turkeys for breeding from first year turkeys or chickens. My oldest turkeys, lay the biggest eggs and have the biggest poults. The eggs vary is color too. Some are white with hardly any dots. Some are tan and some pinkish with different amount of dots on them.

Cute! Can't wait for babies. My first for the year are due to hatch next week. I did not want them any earlier.

I thought I would post a picture to compare the size of different turkeys eggs. Lets see if I can figure this out. The first picture should show a chicken egg, next to four turkey eggs and a goose egg. The next picture is some eggs I collected today.

76816_img_0601.jpg

76816_img_0602.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom