how big do jumbo coturnix REALLY get?

btw I know brown is the common term for the wild pattern but since there are brown quails from Australia I try not to use the term for coturnix.

dang now Im more confused then ever!!!

I read a lot of things saying that the larger birds would have larger eggs, even nearly double in size. i guess Id better get a wider range of them then and see for myself, i was focusing on "jumbo brown" and Texas A&M because I was lead to think those are both the best layers and largest, and larger eggs as well.....

I am think mainly eggs, but meat is important to. Id love 4-6 ounces of meat(not including bones or guys and such) MINIMUM a bird, so its a small meal. but really eggs are the more important consideration for me, for sure, both size and overall laying ability.

Last edited:
Quote:
this is all I have been doing this past year I just hatched a baby huey rosetta tux he is as big at 3 days as the rest were at 2-3 weeks but I do not get this with every egg I hatch you just have to hatch A lot and cull hard if you want big birds that is about all frank butler did when he developed them Bobs
smile.png

A Little Caveat.... The Older A Hen Gets The Bigger An Egg She Lays... While Many Jumbos Do Lay Bigger Eggs From The Get Go, Even These Get Bigger Still With Age.

Back
Top Bottom