How Big Is A RIR Roster Supposed To Be Or Get?

ChickChic00

Songster
Sep 10, 2019
I got My RIR Rooster About 2 months ago. the people i got them from had to give away because they live in a city and didn't know he was a he. He is with two females rn, his tail feathers still hasn't curled yet. he is huge rn though. he is about 5-6 months old maybe 7. he is mean and huge. i am 5.1 and he is up to my knee and a bit above. how much bigger is he going to get??

I got My RIR Rooster About 2 months ago. the people i got them from had to give away because they live in a city and didn't know he was a he. He is with two females rn, his tail feathers still hasn't curled yet. he is huge rn though. he is about 5-6 months old maybe 7. he is mean and huge. i am 5.1 and he is up to my knee and a bit above. how much bigger is he going to get??
Wow sure he is RIR, post pics.

Wow sure he is RIR, post pics.
Sorry lol i thought it had posted picture
20190912_125449.jpg

He is a handsome fellow and reminds me of my first one many, many years ago. It was quite the show when I put him in the run with 10 older hens. He got his butt whooped the first couple of days but was the cock of the walk within a week. And he remains the only RIR rooster that I have had that didn't get aggressive over time. I think a lot of the production related breeding have made the roosters of the breed more and more belligerent.

Back
Top Bottom