How big is a weasel?

last year i had a weasel wipe out all my ducks and 2 hens until one day he was brave enough poke his head out when i had my 22. with me
big_smile.png

if you have some place that they find nice and cozy the one that got my flock was livin under my coop.

Last edited:
I read that weasels are especially found(but not limited to) near a constant water source. That would explain why my G-pa had problems now and again..they lived right on the Reddies River.

BE VERY CAREFUL if you suspect you have a weasel/mink. About 2 years ago in the fall we had 52 chickens before spring came we had 2 left. We would find some dead in the coop and others just disappeared. We didnt know what it was until we caught a weasel in a trap next to our pond. He had his family there, they hid out in our woodshed, there were 3 total. They knew they had a meal ticket and they stayed until that spring, havnt had a problem since and i hope i never do again!! DONT RISK IT! THEY WILL WIPE YOU OUT!!!

Quote:
I'm in Franklin in SE CT and I've seen something of the weasel family though only briefly, it was crossing the road on the way home from bringing my son to preschool. Had a few that lived at the neighbors pond too. My dog (abt 60 lbs then) nearly had his face scratched up because it laid on its back and took a couple swipes at him. They are dangerous and merciless killers.

any place a black rat can get a weasel can too! they are just longer than a black rat the bigger brown rat will out weigh a common weasel
Roy

Yuk, well I'm making sure every opening is covered with tight fencing/screening. I just hope most of these things stay out of sight during the day light when my chickies will be in their run.

Back
Top Bottom