how can i avoid putting down my whole flock and still show?

Quote:
youd better watch what you say lol hahah
tongue.png

I dont know about Coyoza but what I learned about MG and other CRD diseases (I know they are different) is that it does not always spread to all of the birds at once. How many are showing signs of it, all of the new chicks or just a few?

Quote:
I am going through a similar situation right now. I thought that it was coryza after reading info on this group. I took a sick bird in to have it tested and so far all the bacterial tests have come back negative. No coryza. Still waiting on the viral tests. My point is to have a bird tested! That way you'll know for sure what it is and what to do.
I've had a great deal of support from other breeders. One thing I was told was to remove the straw from my coop and replace it with clean bagged wood shavings. I was told that straw can contribute to respiratory problems. Also, make sure that your coop is very well ventilated.
I hope this might help.

what do your birds have if its not coryza?? jw and what are you going to fix it with and i use shavings

Last edited:
If your shavings are basically sawdust or become dust then that is much worse than straw. Straw is a great material and has been used for centuries: long before shavings. saladin

yes, you can take a dead chicken to the State Vet or a live one and let them kill it. And what are they going to tell you after the diagnosis? Use Tylan or Duramycin/ use bleach/ keep the place clean/ disinfect.... just what I said.

How do I know? Where do you think I came up with this stuff? If the State Vet knows another med to use (such as Baytril) they also know it is more expensive than most folks are going to ever use on chickens. Thus, they give you the basic advice that I did.

Last edited:
i would never take them to the lab to be killed only if they died already ...whats the point of taking them to get treatment ideas if theyre gonna be killed

Last edited:
Quote:
If this question was for me, I don't yet know what they have or had. The tests were all negative for bacterial diseases, but it can take 6 weeks to get results on the viral tests. I'm waiting to find out what it is before trying to cure it with meds. For now, I'm keeping the coop extra clean & ventilated, no more straw, and feeding them an herbal mash (recipe on ehow). It was also recommended that I order One Eye One Drop One Time and get a consult from Peter Brown of First State Vet. These were all things that were recommended to me from Buckeye breeders.

Back
Top Bottom