How can I get rid of a cat?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
oooo... don't know if I should thing that was a special post just for me or not, but it sure seems like it. bit of a sharp edge on this, don't you think?
and here I thought people mostly play nice in this forum.
ooooor maybe not.
I have a feeling that was snarky, or that perhaps I was being mocked.
or maybe I'm just misreading that because I'm "pro-cat".

wait, did I say that I was? don't remember that I did, because I'm not "pro-cat" at the expense of everything else. I'm "pro-considering-useful-solutions", since you're interested in defining the "pro-..." positions.

really, I pretty much just reported my particular circumstances. thought it might be part of an ongoing civil discussion about cats and chickens. must have been mistaken about that. sorry if my cats sharing a snack with the turkeys and chickens and killing my local rodents gets on your nerves. doesn't seem to be causing any stress over here.

I do know neither my neighbors to the east or west ever see my cats, I did ask. the cows to the north and south haven't mentioned seeing them either. 40 acres seems to provide enough area for them.
idunno.gif

Quote:
well I can't speak for the folks who lived in this house before I did, but we don't actually have unsecured food laying around all over the place. not in the barn either. we didn't create the mouse-in-the-house issue, but we still have to deal with it.

aside from that, we do have mole tunnels *every*where. can't take two steps within 50 feet of the house without hitting one. since it's rained enough in the last two weeks to really soften the ground, I'm finding out just how many there are by sinking into the mud over their tunnels up to my ankles. not sure what brings moles, but probably not usecured food laying about. I'll have to look it up, since I don't know. regardless, I still have to deal with it.

anyway, I'm pretty sure my barn cats aren't creating an ecological crisis, especially since they're fixed. most of the issues with mongoose et al have to do with introduced animals breeding and the effect of their uncontrolled population growth on the local environment. I'm pretty sure if neutered mongoose were introduced, the problem would be self-limiting.

to the OP, sorry if my post got some folk's undies in a bunch. getting out of your thread now, since it's clear I'm no help here. hope you get your problem solved.

I agree 110%, just picked up 100 rounds of .22 sub-sonic to take care of the cats going after my chickens and crapping in my garden.
Quote:

With the feral cat population in the millions I am sure a few good shots like myself and others can only do our civic duty as best we can within our property lines... unless a request to thin the pride is available by our fellow chicken owners.
smile.png

It's funny how many people think the "CB" in ".22 CB" stands for "cat bullets."

Old guy buying bricks of .22 CB in gun store: "Best darn cat bullets I've ever used!"

I don't like cats... I have on in the house (i live in the country and I have a crawl space, not a basement so when the temps drop the mice come looking for a warm spot. When living in the country mice are not an if but a when) she will catch a mouse once or twice in the fall... Anyway... My solution to cats on my property are my well trained dogs, a pointing finger and "girls, get the kitty". It either gets away or it doesn't no sweat off my back. The dogs have to be trained though, house cat is not their cat...

I love the post that cut to the chase. Pungent or sharp edged is is hardly a discription that fits. As was said in the movie Apocalypse Now, "I love the smell of sulfer in the morning". Anyway t:)he best deterrent I've found for mice or rat snakes. I can't keep cats off the vehicles. That's when the .22 is so nice. Lets see now, how many have I shot off my trucks?

I also do not like cats, so when I have a nuisance cat, or someone else's free range cat around my house (illegal and torturous method of killing removed by staff)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom