How can I get them to eat eggs?

I just don't get this at all. We love our eggs! And our kids and their families don't buy eggs anymore either.

Maybe have them read "Everything I Want To Do Is Illegal" by Joel Salatin - especially about how store-bought eggs are handled before they get to the store - completely disgusting. They'd never eat another one of those eggs (well, I wouldn't).

Hey, if they want to eat bland old store bought eggs, they can!
tongue.png

But, seriously, I don't understand why they won't eat your fresh eggs. How can someone be "grossed out" by a deliciously fresh egg that came from their own chickens?
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Well just go online and find one of the many websites of the inside of an egg plant show them the pictures and then show them all the chemicals they are fed.

If they don't convert after that start baking.
wink.png
Everybody love cake
big_smile.png

Go to the store and buy the correct color eggs....while the kids/DH is with you! Cook them those eggs. Then as the carton runs out re-fill with your own eggs and don't tell!
lau.gif

When I was a teenager 2% milk came out and my brother and I swore up and down we could tell the difference. The only way you could tell on the jug, was red cap for regular milk, blue for this newfangled stuff. My mom kept the red milk jug cap and switched it every time she bought more milk. We didn't know for years! Then one day I caught her
gig.gif
too late at that point!

Well, knowing where your eggs come from and *knowing* where they come from are two totally different things. One is easy to put out of your mind (as the old saying goes, "Out of site, out of mind!", right?) But the other isn't. It's staring you in the face. Day in and day out. It's playing around in the coop, run, or yard... Maybe for them, right now, they're looking upon eating your homegrown eggs as murder (or similar) of a baby chick? That can be difficult to handle.

I remember as a teenager my grandmother and aunt buying up some old laying hens and slaughtering them. I had to help... Now, I L-O-V-E chicken to eat! Love it to this day.... and I knew where chicken came from and by what means it ended up on our plates. BUT after that? *Knowing* became an issue and I couldn't bring myself to eat chickens again for months afterwards! Thankfully, I got over it.
wink.png

Maybe just tell them they're being irrational idiots??

hmm.png

Sorry!!! I just don't get this line of reasoning. Good luck getting through to them. In the meantime enjoy your eggs yourself

yuckyuck.gif
I do have a friend who likes store bought eggs taste better than free range....go figure.....seems wrong to me, but, each to their own. We do love our girls eggs. I give all we have left over to the church kitchen, they love them. You can cook pancakes and freeze them easily, pop them in the toaster and there you go. Don't let them see the eggs.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I don't understand why they feel that way. My husband is slowly coming around. The kids are being stubborn. I will try to be patient. I will happily eat our delicious eggs in front of them constantly commenting on how good they are! What I can't eat I will bake with and hard boil.
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom