How can I make my chickens scared of us?

They are just plain spoiled rotten, and it's just going to get worse, let me guess ........... rehoming them is out of the question right. if so then get used to it, because even being mean to them will just seem like just another game to them. Sorry but you have made that bed, time to sleep in it.

AL

I have an air pump pellet pisto; that works great keeping roos at bay lol they dont know where they keep getting stung from lol I never pump it hard enough to hurt them just a sting to back them off they dont know it is the gun as it is small but they know the only time it happens is when I am raound

I think the lack of a roo in my flock has made the humans the roo. I have both SQ and hatchery RIR's, some SLW's and Black Sex links, and in the past BR's and Golden Comets...all have come to enjoy the whole families presence and not run from us, but at the same time, when approached they squat and wait for us to pick them up. My RIR's have never show aggression towards us, the pets (though they will not back down from the cats) or other birds. Yes, they are not afriad of us, and will not hesitate to steal beans from the pot when I'm snappin' them, but never overly forceful about it. I think spending time with them when they are pullets, holding them, and just hanging out has helped greatly with their behaviors as adults.

As for correcting bad behaviors...I would simply recomend giveing them a solid push with your feet when they are acting up...the idea of pushing them to the ground is also very helpful...it is the way chickens understand as showing dominance. Have NO FEAR of your birds, but respect them all the same and the favor will be returned.

Back
Top Bottom