How can I make my hen broody?

How can I make my hen broody

• I don't know

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Try to put fake eggs

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
And they need to have steady humidity, only raised when they are ready to go into lockdown (the period of time right before they hatch). Some people have better luck with what is called dry hatching, where the humidity never goes over I think 45%, and others (like me) prefer our humidity at least 50% up to at hatch 65% (or higher for some species).

All feathered animal eggs need to incubate at 99 - 100 degrees F, and be turned at least 3 times a day (or more, but always an uneven number).
Like how much 37.5 tell me like that plz :) and do I need to turn them by hand if so I use gloves because I had a virus before from a chicken and my parents are scared if it happens to me agian

37.2°c to 37.78°c is the same as 99-100°f so yeah, 37.5°c would be right in the middle @ 99.5°f If you want, place the eggs in an egg carton with the bottoms cut out of each holder. Then all you have to do is rock the carton 45° either side of vertical 3-4 times a day. You won't have to touch the eggs. But I would remove them from the carton at lockdown as they need to be able to "move" a bit with the chicks inside trying to get out. In the carton, you may trap them inside the egg.

Like how much 37.5 tell me like that plz :) and do I need to turn them by hand if so I use gloves because I had a virus before from a chicken and my parents are scared if it happens to me agian

Sorry, my brain is wired with Fahrenheit not Celsius, LOL! But, yes, 37.5C is perfect, actually.

As for handling eggs, you actually are more danger to the eggs than they are to you, as a human hand can carry thousands and thousands of bacteria and viruses (virii) that can possibly enter the eggshell and kill the fetus inside. You need to have very clean hands (scrub really good with soap and water, and maybe even use hand sanitizer) before you touch hatching eggs. One suggestion given above was to adapt egg cartons to hold the eggs and just move the carton where one end is up, then change it so the other end is up, 3 to 5 (or even 7) times a day (always an odd number, not even). Then when they are nearing hatching day, you need to take them out of the carton and lay them flat, make sure the incubator's water reservoir is full, and then keep the incubator shut until all the eggs have hatched or all the hatched babies are dry.

Sorry, my brain is wired with Fahrenheit not Celsius, LOL! But, yes, 37.5C is perfect, actually.

As for handling eggs, you actually are more danger to the eggs than they are to you, as a human hand can carry thousands and thousands of bacteria and viruses (virii) that can possibly enter the eggshell and kill the fetus inside. You need to have very clean hands (scrub really good with soap and water, and maybe even use hand sanitizer) before you touch hatching eggs. One suggestion given above was to adapt egg cartons to hold the eggs and just move the carton where one end is up, then change it so the other end is up, 3 to 5 (or even 7) times a day (always an odd number, not even). Then when they are nearing hatching day, you need to take them out of the carton and lay them flat, make sure the incubator's water reservoir is full, and then keep the incubator shut until all the eggs have hatched or all the hatched babies are dry.
Ur so smart and I did 38.0c is that ok too :) and what do u mean by carton do u mean lay them in cardboard or somethin sorry not used to these chicken things haha :)

Back
Top Bottom