How can I make my hen broody?

How can I make my hen broody

• I don't know

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Try to put fake eggs

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Your younger sister didn't have anything to do with your parent's decision. You should buy her a new toy and tell her that you are sorry.
I did and she accepted it but I wish I got a broody chicken in the first place didn't know ISA brown chickens can't be broody :(

Look I know this is very dumb but I've dreamed of a hen hatching chicks for 3 years and I thought yay I got a chicken now well hatch some chicks but no my dream didn't come true I didn't even get a hen that could turn broody

I did and she accepted it but I wish I got a broody chicken in the first place didn't know ISA brown chickens can't be broody :(

Well, if being broody was what you were after, then you should have done some research on the breeds to find a breed that is known to go broody, instead of getting the one's that don't.

Wow it's always bad luck for me I'm going to kill myself right now and commit suicide I swear over something stupid I will since ISA brown can't hatch eggs and my incubator idk what's wrong with it

Oh, sweetie, please realize that raising chickens is a roller coaster, and there WILL be "downs," but there will also be "UPs" that make it all worthwhile! And, just something personal, but I really, really don't like someone joking about suicide. I've lost two friends to suicide, my youngest son lost one of his good friends to suicide the day before their class graduated, and our little town has lost two good men to suicide (from PTSD after coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan). It hurts me, physically, when people joke about suicide like you did. PLEASE tell me that it's just a joke, though. Otherwise, I will post the suicide hotline for you. I really will. That's how sensitive I am about it.

Yes I had a rooster and another chicken but they passed away ever since I had my chicken the rooster has been mating with her every single day so yes the eggs are fertile

Yes I had a rooster and another chicken but they passed away ever since I had my chicken the rooster has been mating with her every single day so yes the eggs are fertile

When did your rooster pass? Hens can only lay fertile eggs a few weeks after being bred by a fertile rooster - no more than a month at the very longest.

And it seems you deleted your suicide comment, but if you need it, please use one of these numbers:
https://www.healthyplace.com/suicide/suicide-hotline-phone-numbers
http://www.suicide.org/suicide-hotlines.html
It's a serious thing, what you were speaking so casually about.

You can make an incubator with virtually no money. I made my first one with a styrofoam ice chest. I made the one I use the most with a broken dorm fridge I got free on freecycle (it's like craigslist, but everything is free), a thermostat and heating element from a styrofoam incubator that my sister in law got at an auction for $5 because the viewing opening was broken and the styrofoam was cracked, and a $3-$4 little personal fan to move the heated air around.

And you can get fertile hatching eggs for anywhere from $2-$3 to $75 or more per dozen. Preferably buy them from someone locally, so the eggs don't have to be shipped hundreds of miles (that's really hard on hatching eggs, and really lowers their viability), and buy eggs for a breed that does love to go broody, like Silkies or Banty Cochins. Then, there are dozens and dozens of how-to instructions for how to hatch eggs all over the internet. And have fun with it - and DON'T expect a good hatch your first few tries!

You can make an incubator with virtually no money. I made my first one with a styrofoam ice chest. I made the one I use the most with a broken dorm fridge I got free on freecycle (it's like craigslist, but everything is free), a thermostat and heating element from a styrofoam incubator that my sister in law got at an auction for $5 because the viewing opening was broken and the styrofoam was cracked, and a $3-$4 little personal fan to move the heated air around.

And you can get fertile hatching eggs for anywhere from $2-$3 to $75 or more per dozen. Preferably buy them from someone locally, so the eggs don't have to be shipped hundreds of miles (that's really hard on hatching eggs, and really lowers their viability), and buy eggs for a breed that does love to go broody, like Silkies or Banty Cochins. Then, there are dozens and dozens of how-to instructions for how to hatch eggs all over the internet. And have fun with it - and DON'T expect a good hatch your first few tries!
I did it 2 times and they die and some of the blood vessels are downwards to the air sack I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO but do u know what good temp for 10 egg incubator

Back
Top Bottom