How can i scare off a HUGE owl?

Thanks for the info guys!
NO, i dont want to hurt him. I wouldnt. Unless i came on him eating one of my birds, then we may have a tussle. (that i'm sure i'd lose!)
lol.png

He was out EARLY..waay before dusk too.... i thought they hunted at night?
hmm.png

I wouldnt mind him around if he eats the mice and stuff... but yeah..he was eyeballing by birds.
hmm.png

I cant cover my chicken pen..its in a VERY akward position. There is a tree in there and it slopes down a hill.... just about impossible to put netting over it securely.
I DO lock them in a coop every night at dusk though...

Soo.... *sigh* Guess all i can can do try the decoys that steve suggest and hide in the bushes like MFB does here at my house...and jump out at him and say BOO!
He sure is pretty though..

You could try stringing fishing line all around the top so that any ariel threats would hit it as they were coming in for a kill and would deter them.

Or try the Nite Guard.

http://www.niteguard.com/

I wouldn't advise putting out crow decoys as it will attract the pests. More crows will show up and they will eat your eggs and try to kill your younger birds.

Last edited:
hide in the bushes like MFB does here at my house

yuckyuck.gif

Bad bad MFB
lau.gif

Seriously though the crow decoys work great here.

Are you allowed to shoot a gun where you live Red?

If you can, and you have a 22, just step outside near where he is sitting and fire a shot into the ground.

We had a huge problem here with Ravens and this is what I finally did. Just shot a shot into the ground and they started flying around our property.

eta: when I state him, I mean the owl...........but it might work on MFB if you wanna spook him too
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Well thank you.
hugs.gif

Wait! what do you mean she was talkin' about the owl.....
ep.gif
tongue2.gif

No, no, i was talking about you. Uh huh....
big_smile.png

pips&peeps :

You could try stringing fishing line all around the top so that any ariel threats would hit it as they were coming in for a kill and would deter them.

Or try the Nite Guard.

http://www.niteguard.com/

I wouldn't advise putting out crow decoys as it will attract the pests. More crows will show up and they will eat your eggs and try to kill your younger birds.

I was looking at that night guard a while back...
I think i may have to invest in it and hope that it works.
Thanks!​

Quote:
DH used fire crackers under the tree where one was starting to sit and watch every morning,.. it's never been back that we have seen ,..of course the neighbors gave him a few dirty looks,.. it was 6 am on a Sunday morning!
lol.png

Quote:
No gun here... *sigh* Only real old BB guns. and a broken paint ball gun..
lol.png

I may be able to use the paint ball gun enough to give MFB some pretty colors though....
big_smile.png

Quote:
DH used fire crackers under the tree where one was starting to sit and watch every morning,.. it's never been back that we have seen ,..of course the neighbors gave him a few dirty looks,.. it was 6 am on a Sunday morning!
lol.png

My neighbors are so used to the rukus over here, it wouldnt even faze them.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom