How can I tell if my hen is pregnant?

Molpet

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Sep 7, 2015
New Lenox township. Illinois USA
My Coop
My cousin's daughter and her husband breed and raise Shire horses. Not too long ago, they posted a picture of their 4-year old daughter with two bicycles - one with the front tire over the training wheels of the other one. Mom asked, "What are you doing?" Kid said, "I'm breeding her. I want to have a baby."
:gig

ethbarry

Songster
Jul 31, 2012
Henderson TN
:lau:lau:lau

------- I always wondered how exactly the whole baby chicken thing really worked but there was no internet and I wasn’t interested enough to check out a book. I was contemplating getting my own chickens before I ever figured out how chicken sex actually worked. :rolleyes: I am 60 years old. That was maybe a year and a half ago. -------
-----------It was also hard to figure out what my friends were talking about back behind the bushes during recess. -------------Anyway, yes there are people out there who are that innocent. (But I still think the OP was trolling.) :gig
Well, nothing wrong with that. We're a different generation I guess. I remember my parents telling us about an acquaintance who had gone to America for a while. And then they said his wife in France had gone pregnant. (we lived in Europe) I was 15 years old. And all I could think was: Aha, so it can also be done by mail!!!!!! LOL

Quackter

Songster
May 15, 2019
Well, nothing wrong with that. We're a different generation I guess. I remember my parents telling us about an acquaintance who had gone to America for a while. And then they said his wife in France had gone pregnant. (we lived in Europe) I was 15 years old. And all I could think was: Aha, so it can also be done by mail!!!!!! LOL
by mailman*

Quackter

Songster
May 15, 2019
lol..."kids"

There was a 10 year+ running gag, between two neighbors where I used to live, with the wire framed lighted Christmas deer being posed suggestively. It even migrated to a third neighbor who had some hundreds of pounds concrete deer statues. I heard the story of that event from a firsthand participant, it took four guys, and a call from the victim's 80 year old mother, to let them know he'd be gone a while.

* I forgot to post the best part. One of the midnight movers had a backhoe, he was called by the victim to help move the deer back into place. He got to hear who all was suspected and what revenge was plotted.

cluckcluckhens

Songster
May 4, 2015
PNW
:lau:lau:lau

My mother (who certainly knew better) told me the rooster visited the eggs after they were laid. (I guess salmon actually do that.) I always wondered how exactly the whole baby chicken thing really worked but there was no internet and I wasn’t interested enough to check out a book. I was contemplating getting my own chickens before I ever figured out how chicken sex actually worked. :rolleyes: I am 60 years old. That was maybe a year and a half ago.

But then, my mother also bought me not one, but a SET of books so she wouldn’t have to explain about where babies came from. I remember the books were very confusing though I studied them diligently, trying to understand. All questions were met with some variant of, “Read the books I got for you.”
I was wishing they’d at least included some diagrams... :eek: It was also hard to figure out what my friends were talking about back behind the bushes during recess. I still remember asking, “Oh, you mean coitus?” and getting a blank look... I thought maybe I’d pronounced it wrong.

Anyway, yes there are people out there who are that innocent. (But I still think the OP was trolling.) :gig
It seems Mothers know best. Mom used to tell me read the book and I never did. When it was my turn you do not want to know what happen to a young jr high school girl. Eek.

Top Bottom