How can I tell if my hen is pregnant?

Pics
My cousin's daughter and her husband breed and raise Shire horses. Not too long ago, they posted a picture of their 4-year old daughter with two bicycles - one with the front tire over the training wheels of the other one. Mom asked, "What are you doing?" Kid said, "I'm breeding her. I want to have a baby."
:gig

:lau:lau:lau

------- I always wondered how exactly the whole baby chicken thing really worked but there was no internet and I wasn’t interested enough to check out a book. I was contemplating getting my own chickens before I ever figured out how chicken sex actually worked. :rolleyes: I am 60 years old. That was maybe a year and a half ago. -------
-----------It was also hard to figure out what my friends were talking about back behind the bushes during recess. -------------Anyway, yes there are people out there who are that innocent. (But I still think the OP was trolling.) :gig

Well, nothing wrong with that. We're a different generation I guess. I remember my parents telling us about an acquaintance who had gone to America for a while. And then they said his wife in France had gone pregnant. (we lived in Europe) I was 15 years old. And all I could think was: Aha, so it can also be done by mail!!!!!! LOL

Well, nothing wrong with that. We're a different generation I guess. I remember my parents telling us about an acquaintance who had gone to America for a while. And then they said his wife in France had gone pregnant. (we lived in Europe) I was 15 years old. And all I could think was: Aha, so it can also be done by mail!!!!!! LOL

by mailman*

lol..."kids"

There was a 10 year+ running gag, between two neighbors where I used to live, with the wire framed lighted Christmas deer being posed suggestively. It even migrated to a third neighbor who had some hundreds of pounds concrete deer statues. I heard the story of that event from a firsthand participant, it took four guys, and a call from the victim's 80 year old mother, to let them know he'd be gone a while.

* I forgot to post the best part. One of the midnight movers had a backhoe, he was called by the victim to help move the deer back into place. He got to hear who all was suspected and what revenge was plotted.

I am wayyyy late on this. I just found it.
20190929_123002.jpg

This was the inner packaging from an Ebay order of chicken nipples. We have decided to never order anything that says this from a Chinese restaraunt.

:lau:lau:lau

My mother (who certainly knew better) told me the rooster visited the eggs after they were laid. (I guess salmon actually do that.) I always wondered how exactly the whole baby chicken thing really worked but there was no internet and I wasn’t interested enough to check out a book. I was contemplating getting my own chickens before I ever figured out how chicken sex actually worked. :rolleyes: I am 60 years old. That was maybe a year and a half ago.

But then, my mother also bought me not one, but a SET of books so she wouldn’t have to explain about where babies came from. I remember the books were very confusing though I studied them diligently, trying to understand. All questions were met with some variant of, “Read the books I got for you.”
I was wishing they’d at least included some diagrams... :eek: It was also hard to figure out what my friends were talking about back behind the bushes during recess. I still remember asking, “Oh, you mean coitus?” and getting a blank look... I thought maybe I’d pronounced it wrong.

Anyway, yes there are people out there who are that innocent. (But I still think the OP was trolling.) :gig

It seems Mothers know best. Mom used to tell me read the book and I never did. When it was my turn you do not want to know what happen to a young jr high school girl. Eek.

Back
Top Bottom