How can I tell if my hen is pregnant?

Oh, thank you so much! I didn't expect a reply so soon, that clears things up a little but unfortunately I just posted a related thread so every ones gunna think I'm dumb
No question is a dumb question if you are really serious with the questions. So hens will lay eggs with or without a rooster for about 2.5 years or so if healthy. If you HAVE a rooster, then some eggs may be fertile, and if left with a hen sitting on them, may hatch into chicks. So. Collect your eggs daily and they wont hatch. If you DO hatch chicks, the hen will indeed take care of everything.

Yep. But the OP was just trying to get reactions. For no minute they believed chickens can be pregnant. It was just funny.
:lau:lau:lau

My mother (who certainly knew better) told me the rooster visited the eggs after they were laid. (I guess salmon actually do that.) I always wondered how exactly the whole baby chicken thing really worked but there was no internet and I wasn’t interested enough to check out a book. I was contemplating getting my own chickens before I ever figured out how chicken sex actually worked. :rolleyes: I am 60 years old. That was maybe a year and a half ago.

But then, my mother also bought me not one, but a SET of books so she wouldn’t have to explain about where babies came from. I remember the books were very confusing though I studied them diligently, trying to understand. All questions were met with some variant of, “Read the books I got for you.”
I was wishing they’d at least included some diagrams... :eek: It was also hard to figure out what my friends were talking about back behind the bushes during recess. I still remember asking, “Oh, you mean coitus?” and getting a blank look... I thought maybe I’d pronounced it wrong.

Anyway, yes there are people out there who are that innocent. (But I still think the OP was trolling.) :gig

:lau:lau:lau

My mother (who certainly knew better) told me the rooster visited the eggs after they were laid. (I guess salmon actually do that.) I always wondered how exactly the whole baby chicken thing really worked but there was no internet and I wasn’t interested enough to check out a book. I was contemplating getting my own chickens before I ever figured out how chicken sex actually worked. :rolleyes: I am 60 years old. That was maybe a year and a half ago.

But then, my mother also bought me not one, but a SET of books so she wouldn’t have to explain about where babies came from. I remember the books were very confusing though I studied them diligently, trying to understand. All questions were met with some variant of, “Read the books I got for you.”
I was wishing they’d at least included some diagrams... :eek: It was also hard to figure out what my friends were talking about back behind the bushes during recess. I still remember asking, “Oh, you mean coitus?” and getting a blank look... I thought maybe I’d pronounced it wrong.

Anyway, yes there are people out there who are that innocent. (But I still think the OP was trolling.) :gig
Ha when I was a kid we raised st Bernards and ponies. I was the kid that "explained" sex. But they were asking about human sex and I was explaining how animals did it. :lau

Back
Top Bottom