How can life be so good...yet so bad ?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by unionwirewoman, May 25, 2011.

1. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    Just got a call today from my apprentice director...I'm headed out to Wolf Point Mt for 3 months of work . Very good news since I need the hours and money , bad news since my husband just got home from California working . I can't come back home ( it's an 8 hour drive ) . We just bought some meaties , was just getting my horse ready to ride ( haven't rode him in 4 yrs due to injuries , and being gone for work ) and we're still waiting for the rain to stop to plant our 45' x 65' garden....I leave monday . I'll miss riding ( my sister doesn't know how to work with her horse ) I'll miss fishing , getting hay , cutting wood , spraying for weeds....so much I can't describe ! Hubby was gone last year , so he has no idea what all needs to be done . I want to pull my hair out , but at the same time thank god I'm working again . Life is nothing but waves coming at you , some small...some so big that you don't know what to do !

2. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Awww... I'm sorry... or not? [​IMG]

That sounds like quite a conundrum... [​IMG]

I wouldn't like to be away from home so much either! [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Will it be worth it, being away from you husband that long?

4. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    It has to be . I'm not allowed to refuse work being as I'm an apprentice . I knew this going into the program , it's 5 yrs long and you have to have 8,000 hours of on the job training . I'm 5th yr with 5,200 on the job training ...way behind due to the economy up here . My husband was gone for 12 months ...I saw him 2 times in one year . It's a hard life....but I'm sorry to say the money and benefits( retirement, annuities, healthcare) might be worht it . If I could turn out ( get my 8,000 hrs of ojt , take the test ) then both of us could work 6 months out of the yr away from home and come back . Problem is...I love my home . Why can't we go back to the good old days of getting food , preparing it and your family is happy . Why do we need money , cell phones etc , when all we need is each other to pull together and survive . I think my ancestors had it right....hunt , get wood , get water , and celebrate when it was appropriate .

5. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    My hubby was for 1 year in Irq and I only saw him 2 times in that time. I was a nervous wrack, when he didn't call on time and in the news were bad news.
    Now I'm a nervous wrack again.................we want to buy a house, settlement day should be tomorrow. Yesterday our realtor called and told us, that the morgae comp can't make it. Someone wasn't doing his job..............................
    I agreee...............why we need all that stuff? Just hunting , fishing and raise some vegi, chicken and sheep............that's all you need

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by