How can you get a chicken to like you? Iny ideas?

Quote:
I do that for my girls every day. Mentioned it on the Michigan thread and have been labled as a "poultry groper".
gig.gif

Mealworms are like crack to chickens, I literally have them eating out of my hand.

I use mealworms to get my hens to come If they are hiding under the pine tree. They would eat the whole bag if i left it out!
lol.png

Last edited:
And they go through phases. So she may really like you. And then not be so friendly as she gets ready to lay and her hormones are doing their thing. Then she'll come around again. They may be less inclined to let you hold them when they are molting. So don't fret if she likes you for a while and then goes through a phase. Just keep hand feeding treats. All my girls will readily eat out of my hand but they go through phases where they don't want to be touched or held.

OK, I have this one Leghorn that used to get poopy butt pretty bad, so I check her behind every night before I lock them up.
She waits for me to do this, you have to see the look on her face.....
Check for dingleberries, and scratch them off, and rub her butt feathers to make sure nothing else is stuck to them.
When she bends around and starts nibbling on your wrist, you know you hit the spot.
Try it on all the girls, they love it! And when I stop, she snaps her head around and looks at me like....WHAT? Done already?

Back
Top Bottom