How can you get a chicken to like you? Iny ideas?

Well maybe they should stop and think about who the food comes from. If only, if only......
lau.gif
What?

Glad your Ebony grew up so friendly! So many people don't realize that chickens can be just as sweet, loving, and cuddly as other types of pets. I spend a lot of time with mine, and use the following steps to tame up new flock-members:

1. First, get some yummy stuff and get them to eat out of your hand.
2. Gradually begin petting them while they eat out of your hand.
3. Once they learn that you're not a threat, curl your arm around them while they eat out of your hand.
4. At this point, most of the chickens I've had learn that they enjoy being petted and held not just for the sake of food. But each bird is different. About half of mine come up to me and "ask" for some love and seem to want some ALL of the time; most of the rest have periods when they feel like being petted, and periods when they don't. I have one who is just so high-strung that she still gets freaked out when I put my hand out. They're such individuals!
smile.png

Glad your Ebony grew up so friendly! So many people don't realize that chickens can be just as sweet, loving, and cuddly as other types of pets. I spend a lot of time with mine, and use the following steps to tame up new flock-members:

1. First, get some yummy stuff and get them to eat out of your hand.
2. Gradually begin petting them while they eat out of your hand.
3. Once they learn that you're not a threat, curl your arm around them while they eat out of your hand.
4. At this point, most of the chickens I've had learn that they enjoy being petted and held not just for the sake of food. But each bird is different. About half of mine come up to me and "ask" for some love and seem to want some ALL of the time; most of the rest have periods when they feel like being petted, and periods when they don't. I have one who is just so high-strung that she still gets freaked out when I put my hand out. They're such individuals!
smile.png
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom