How can you tell if an Easter Egger is a Rooster

So... Im new to the whole chicken raising scene, and I happen to have two 11 week Easter eggers too, but I would like to know if one of them is a Roo.

The first one I have is a brownish-black and yellowish one that I call Boople. I'm pretty sure Boople is a hen, because she has a small comb growth right now, and is pretty docile.

But then there's Snoot. Snoot is another brownish-black chicken, but they have red coloring on their head, and a really red comb. Snoot was also pretty mean to some seven week old baby Wyandottes when I tried to introduce them.

As I said before, I'm new to chickens, so it is possible Snoot might just be an aggressive pullet, but I would rather ask some more experienced chicken owners first.
Pics?

Here they are! I took some of Boople and Snoot, so that they could be compare with one another.
20210513_211250.jpg

This is Snoot, the one that has the reddest comb. They are both 11 weeks old, and from the same place.

(please ignore the terrible cam quality, I don't have the best camera on my phone)
20210513_211609.jpg

This is Boople. I'm sure Boople is a pullet, but I do need help with Snoot.
I couldn't grab Snoot for a close-up picture, they were struggling too much.
(Also I don't know what they looked like as chicks, we got them at nine weeks old.)

Back
Top Bottom