How can you tell the gender of your young Muscovies?

Balefire

Songster
8 Years
9 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Orwigsburg PA
I'm wondering how you can tell aand how early you can tell the gender of your Muscovie babies. Sometimes I have the possibility to get some young ones, but I'm struggeling with the gender. It would be wonderful, if anybody is able to help me Thank You in advance

I've asked the same question and no one seems to be able to answer it. I only have one and the best answer I've gotten is to compare several that are the same age and the bigger ones are boys smaller are girls. Doesn't help me any though.
idunno.gif

Good luck!

Last edited:
lol check out this thread. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=568158 it is very hard to tell, this threads are from a aussie forum with experienced breeders and they all confirm it hard to tell early. (link to other forum removed by Staff)

11. Luring members to other forums is not allowed and we prohibit discussing drama that happens on other forums. We've worked hard for years to build up this community and we will not tolerate people coming in and spamming our members via the public forum, private messages, or emails to join another community.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
What an interesting thread that is(2nd one) I have a pair of chocolates that are in abouts that aging.. and the development of the wing weathers is substantially bigger(tails to).. mine are 'supposed' to be hens i got them from an old farmer with decades of experience so i hope he's right...
fl.gif

As to OP it is difficult, only the really seasoned can tell at a young age.. i had my first group figured out at about 7+wks but i am no expert lol i also am finding the coloured birds are less clear on development it's more hidden i guess.. My original flock are whites.. i have a 50/50 there.. two hens/two drakes..

My hens are laying already at only 4+mths
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom