How chicks sleep...:D

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gogoalie, Jun 10, 2011.

1. gogoalie

gogoalie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Alaska
    It's just too cute...they'll all lay 'round lil' lil' dogs all spread out, wings & legs, all over each other, & some on the outside of the heap just look dead! Pretty neat to see!

2. Shannon33

Shannon33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Eastern Shore, VA
    It is cute once you KNOW about it, lol. First time I had chicks though, I walked in the room and thought half of them really were dead!

3. EncinoMan

EncinoMan Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2011
    Encino
    Quote:When I got my chicks home, they were exhausted from peeping away during the 40 minute drive home. I gently placed them in the brooder, and my White Leghorn peeped once and then just faceplanted!! Within seconds all three were sprawled out and motionless, it looked like a chicken reenactment of the Jonestown Massacre! But I looked closely and saw they were breathing...after a ten minute nap under the heat lamp, all three were happily eating and drinking.

[​IMG]

4. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Here's when my babies were 5 days old :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:I know what you mean.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. chickmama320

chickmama320 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Back Swamp NC
    I LOVE the one in the feeder! Too cute!

7. Jencleg

Jencleg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Jasper
    What's I love is how limp they are when you pick them up after they get all sleepy! Sometimes I am late putting them in the coop & when you go to grab them...they just let you! Mine are so sweet when they are 1/2 asleep! Also expains why they are such a target for predators @ night though! [​IMG]

8. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    It always cracked me up to watch them at night. They'd be all piled up asleep, and one would jump, and then there'd be a little chick ripple as the others did the same thing and settled back down. Very amusing [​IMG]

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    My husband swore all of mine were dying when he saw them sleeping. He kept nudging them to see if they would move.

10. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by