How close to a road can I build a coop?

kmk

Chirping
Dec 29, 2020
We live off a dirt road with minimal traffic. Most of the traffic consists of huge logging trucks. I don't want to disturb the chickens!

3KillerBs

Enabler
12 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
All you need to do is obey your local setback regulations. :)

We've had a manufactured home placed on our property over the past couple months and while I did leave them shut in the coop the day they actually brought the house in, I've had them out in the pen for all the other operations -- including running trenchers down the hard-packed, gravel driveway on the other side of the storage shed that sits right next to the coop -- not 20 feet away from the chickens.

Chipotle, the California White who is always my most curious bird, decided to perch on the feeder shelter and supervise the electricians. :D

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/the-supervisor.1429851/

kmk

Chirping
Dec 29, 2020
:welcome One thing I would be concerned with a coop close to the road is that someone might steal the birds.
They better not lol! Maybe I should purchase more chicks. I was going to get eight to begin with, for two people.

Chickenman MAN

Songster
Oct 25, 2020
United Kingdom South Devon
I
:welcome One thing I would be concerned with a coop close to the road is that someone might steal the birds.
If worried they can install security cameras. Or, put in place a fence... if you have a gun that always helps lol (not to hurt anyone but if someone tries to steal your chooks and you have a rifle they may take you more seriously) hopefully it doesnt come to that

Top Bottom