how cold is it?

-2 at my house right now, guessing the windchill at -20 to -25 right now. Supposed to get down to about -15 tonight. Bird are nudged down tight. Got extra scratch and whole grain bread before roosting tonight. They ate it all. Tonight the rooster who I pick up everyday decided that snuggling was a good thing. Didn't want me to put him down....it's cold.

It's so cold..... I went to tuck the girls in, lit a match to light the lantern, the flame froze, fell off, & the chickens ate it to keep warm!
wink.png

It's so cold.......My rooster ran to KFC & asked to use the pressure cooker.
lau.gif

It's so cold...... We emptied the freezer & huddled inside to keep warm.
wink.png

It's so cold....... We had to chisel the dog off of the hydrant.
th.gif

It's so cold...... The rock rattling around in my boot...... was my toe.
hide.gif

They're sayin about 18 for us, but for Arkansas that's frigid! We just don't know how to handle these kinds of temps.
Really it's not THAT cold, it has more to do with the 35mph "arctic blast" winds . . . . if you can stay out of the wind it's not too bad out there
tongue.png

Quote:
Whoooo! Another Minnesotan! (I assume)
-25 with the windchill here, too.

Yup, up by Duluth. The scary part is I've camped out in worse weather for the fun of it. I was younger and much more foolish then. Tonight I'm in jammies and polar fleece. Age catches up with you...
lol.png
Just to make a point in my last post clear. That rooster hates being picked up and held. I do it to let him know who the boss is. He has become much better with the ladies since I began doing that. Tonight he was like "please hold me longer, YOUR WARM!!."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom