How cold is too cold?! Cold snap!!

@muddy75 You laugh but I think its dropping down in the 30s tonight.
That is extremely cold for us.

I won't be moving my freshly hatched babies out until they are a week old.
Amen!!! Kiki, if your not from Texas and particularly if your not in South Texas, you won't understand that if it's 50°F, that's freezing for us!!! :lau

@muddy75 You laugh but I think its dropping down in the 30s tonight.
That is extremely cold for us.

I won't be moving my freshly hatched babies out until they are a week old.
no i know you guys are getting record cold! I wouldn’t laugh about that!!
i laughed because you asked if the south meant texas.....it could but where i’m from, it means the south (east of the mississippi) alabama, georgia, mississippi, south carolina, florida

no i know you guys are getting record cold! I wouldn’t laugh about that!!
i laughed because you asked if the south meant texas.....it could but where i’m from, it means the south (east of the mississippi) alabama, georgia, mississippi, south carolina, florida
You forgot Lousyana...errr, umm Louisana! :lol:

Last edited:
So far it is dry, Saturday and Sunday was wet.
it’s the wet + cold that is always the scariest for me.....we’ve had a few days already that dipped below freezing but no one was sopping wet beforehand. I still don’t understand why some of my quail refuse to go into or under shelter when it’s like this 🤦‍♀️ i’m planning to send DH out one more time to check the temperatures in the new section.

I’m in FL and we are getting a freeze warning for tomorrow night and it’s getting into the higher 30’s tonight. I know chickens are pretty hearty but I still worry. I have an open style coop so I tarped what I could and I think they will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom